Principal Data Scientist
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It's our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
This position is responsible for leading a few projects in data analytics to provide significant value and leadership to the project(s). Also responsible for leading a small team of Data Scientists and provide them direction to drive project(s) to successful conclusion. The position involves customer communication on multiple projects at a time.
- Keep a pulse on data analytics trends to figure out how CA can tap into these trends to execute on multiple projects
- Understand CA's business constraints to ensure that data analytics strategy proposed in the projects fit with the overall direction of the products and is executable.
- Ability to communicate with scientists as well as engineers.
- Ability to help interpret project results to sales / product management as well as customers.
- Lead data scientists and train them.
- Bring about significant innovation and solve complex problems in projects based on analytics
- Deliver on projects assigned
Typical Role definition:
- Sr Professional Staff. A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization. Resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways. Complete understanding and wide application of principles, theories, and concepts in the field. General knowledge of other related disciplines. Strong competence with the various tools, procedures, programming languages used to accomplish the job. Usually works with minimal supervision, conferring with a supervisor on unusual matters. May be assisted by (and at times direct) less senior level employees. Requires daily decision-making capabilities and actions that may not be reviewed by superiors. Assignments are broad in nature and need ingenuity and originality to solve. Contributes to moderately complex aspects of a project. May assist more junior staff members with aspects of their job. Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. May play a role in high-level projects that have an impact on the company�s future direction.
Job-Specific Authority and Role:
- Generally works without consulting their manager.
- Independent decisions are made daily
- Typically has no direct reports.
- Typically has no total staff.
- Typically has a global geographic focus.
- Typically does not manage a budget.
Master's or Ph.D. degree or global Equivalent in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering or Sciences.
Typically 7 or more years of experience executing on projects as a lead and 10 or more years of analytic computing experience.
Skills & Competencies:
- Coaching and mentoring
- Detail oriented
- In depth knowledge of data science principles and practices
- Attention to detail
- Decision making
- Lead projects
- Manage multiple tasks simultaneously and efficiently
- Problem Solving Project management
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong.
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you'll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate's race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Nearest Major Market: San Diego
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top