Principal Consultant, Presales - Agile Central
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It's our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
Are you a self-starter with the ability to get technical and engage with clients? Do you have a passion for technical solution discussions and closing deals? If so, join our fast-paced presales team!
CA Agile Central's Principal Consultants are responsible to provide subject-matter expertise, thought leadership and solution/technical specialization within the CA Agile Central (formerly known as Rally) Pre-Sales team in a manner that best positions CA to win. Building customer and prospect relationships to better understand their business and IT challenges is critical to success in this role.
We're looking for high-performing technical sellers who will partner with a field sales team to support a territory, lead enterprise technical solutions conversations and expand our customer base.
This position is responsible for delivering positive, quantifiable results for CA in the following areas:
- Opportunity Development: Lead discovery and research of customer's business and technical challenges, assist sales team in accurately assessing and forecasting opportunities, develop a clear and persuasive CA point of view regarding a tailored solution approach, present the prescribed solution to audiences of various levels and backgrounds, and conduct follow up activities working through customer objections to achieve recurring sales and renewals.
- Customer Focus: Effectively and compellingly communicate CA's key capabilities to address the customers needs via complex solutions sales. Work with our customers as a trusted advisor to architect agile solutions that solve challenges such as business steering, portfolio planning, strategy, program management and team level execution.
- Financial Targets: Meet or exceed CA's stated financial quotas and targets by working closely with the account team and the customer to obtain a deep understanding of the customer's ecosystem and business drivers, then architect a solution to meet them.
- Internal Business Processes: Demonstrate mastery with CA's internal processes, systems and support structure
- Professional Development: Demonstrate high-level proficiency and skill as a Lean and Agile process enablement expert and Agile Central platform expert.
- Leadership, Teamwork and Planning: Collaborate with global virtual teams and serve as liaison between sales, product management, provisioning, and services delivery to meet customer expectations
- Knowledge and Application of CA's Solution Sets: Possess in-depth knowledge and understanding of CA's complementary solution sets, how to identify the best possible solutions to meet customers' business needs and how to appropriately position Agile Central as the market leader in Agile ALM and Agile Service Delivery
- Territory Management: Manage territory, considering each and all accounts collectively; establish accurate plans and forecasts; prioritize efforts; generate short term results while holding a long-term perspective to maximize overall territory viability.
- Effective Communication: Deliver outstanding oral and written communications that are impactful and persuasive with their intended audience, particularly as it relates to communicating CA's key competitive differentiators.
- Industry Knowledge: Possess in-depth knowledge of software development and the Agile marketplace; can speak with authority on industry trends, best practices, competitive practices, regulatory issues, etc.
- Effective Selling: Utilize solutions-oriented, systematic approach to selling, leverage mastery of sales best practices and CA's sales methodology while complying with CA's Code of Ethics.
- Experience resolving more complex technical issues and integration of multiple products to create solutions.
- 5+ years experience in a customer-facing role: sales, sales engineer, consulting, product management/marketing, training or 5+ years experience in a software engineering role: developer, tester, business analyst, product/project manager.
- Understand Application Lifecycle Management / Software Development Lifecycle
- 5+ years experience working with Agile principles, practices and processes such as SAFe, LeSS, Scrum, XP, Lean, TDD, Kanban
- Experience meeting and exceeding quota while selling software and services
- Is a compelling communicator -- clear, composed and trustworthy, capably influencing and selling to the C-level
Bachelor's degree or global equivalent in Computer Science or a related degree.
Business Travel and Physical Demands
Availability to travel 50 percent of the time: Business travel of approximately 50 or more percent yearly is expected for this position.
Physical demands: Office environment. No special physical demands required.
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong.
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you'll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate's race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top