Principal Consultant, Presales
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It's our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
Are you ready to do the best work of your life?
The Principal Consultant, Presales - Security is responsible to provide Security Software subject-matter expertise (especially with Identity and Access Management), thought leadership and solution/technical specialization within and/or across CA's Security solutions in a manner that best positions CA against our competition. The building of customer, partner and prospect relationships to better understand their business and IT challenges is absolutely critical to the success of this position.
This person must be seen by the customer as bringing tangible value in terms of Security Software and IAM experience, knowledge and expertise. This is achieved through a combination of broad real-world experience and IT industry-specific certifications. Overall, this position is responsible for delivering positive, quantifiable results for CA measured across five primary areas:
- Customer Focus: Effectively and compellingly communicate CA's key capabilities to address customer and partner needs
- Financial Targets: Meet or exceed CA's stated financial quotas and targets
- Internal Business Processes: Demonstrate mastery with CA's internal processes, systems and support structure
- Professional Development: Demonstrate high-level proficiency and skill
- Leadership, Teamwork and Planning: Collaborate with, and effectively run virtual team(s)
Bachelor's degree or global equivalent in Computer Science or a related degree.
Typically 7 or more years of detailed technical industry related experience. Experience working with customers, sales personnel and/or customer services. Current experience with Security Software and IAM delivery and implementation a must.
Key Competencies include:
- Customer Focus: Act in ways that demonstrate customer focus and satisfaction by building effective relationships with customers, identifying, meeting and exceeding customer expectations, and by treating customers with dignity and respect.
- Knowledge and Application of CA's Solution Sets: Possess in-depth knowledge and understanding of CA's products and range of solution sets, how to identify the best possible solutions to meet customers' business needs and how to appropriately position CA solutions with customers.
- Territory Management: Manage territory, considering each and all accounts collectively; establish accurate plans and forecasts; prioritize efforts; generate short term results while holding a long-term perspective to maximize overall territory viability.
- Effective Communication: Deliver outstanding oral and written communications that are impactful and persuasive with their intended audience.
- Industry Knowledge: Possess in-depth knowledge of a given industry and relevant marketplace; can speak with authority, e.g., on industry trends, best practices, competitive practices, regulatory issues, etc.
- Effective Selling: Utilize solutions-oriented, systematic approach to selling, leverage mastery of sales best practices and CA's sales methodology.
- Business Acumen: Understand key aspects of business, e.g., business models and competitive positioning; also understand how business operates, including role of structure, systems, and processes; can speak in business language when applying professional expertise.
- Financial Acumen: Use in-depth financial analysis to make decisions, evaluate opportunities and choices; knows how financial decisions impact business success.
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong.
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you'll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate's race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Nearest Major Market: Trenton
Nearest Secondary Market: Philadelphia
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top