Principal Consultant, Presales
This position is responsible to provide subject-matter expertise, thought leadership and solution/technical specialization within and/or across CA’s products or solutions in a manner that best positions CA against our competition. The building of customer, partner and prospect relationships to better understand their business and IT challenges is absolutely critical to the success of this position.
Major Solutions he/she will support: Infrastructure/ Network monitoring, APM
Region coverage: Malaysia, Indonesia
- Committed to provide Monitoring and APM advice and technical guidance to sales teams and key business partners
- Challenge yourself to create and deliver innovative product demonstrations for prospects, customers, and partners on-site and remotely
- Provide technical leadership and oversight during trials, Proof of Concept (POCs), complex demos, etc.
- Developing tactical and strategic sales plans and proposals to win business for the sales teams
- Taking pride in contributing field knowledge and feedback to direct future product requirements and enhancements as our technologies are constantly updated
- Provide feedback to appropriate CA parties on product enhancements or services that would be beneficial to the customer and potentially generate additional revenue
- Collaborate closely with your internal network and the customer to obtain a deep understanding of the customer’s technology needs or offerings and architect a solution to meet them
- Understand and act as a valued resource early and often within the customer’s decision making process
- Eager to learn, maintain a deep and extensive technical knowledge of the products
- Provide excellent technical specifications and requirements documentation as necessary to support the proposed solution
Typically 7 or more years of detailed technical industry related experience. Experience working with customers, sales personnel and/or customer services. Experience in the related industry disciplines and technologies and related application experience (i.e. Exchange, SQL, ORACLE & SAP as well as operating system administration). Experience resolving more complex technical issues and integration of multiple products to create solutions.
Skills & Competencies
Key Competencies include:
- Customer Focus: Act in ways that demonstrate customer focus and satisfaction by building effective relationships with customers, identifying, meeting and exceeding customer expectations, and by treating customers with dignity and respect.
- Knowledge and Application of CA’s Solution Sets: Possess in-depth knowledge and understanding of CA’s monitoring and APM solutions, how to identify the best possible solutions to meet customers’ business needs and how to appropriately position CA solutions with customers.
- Territory Management: Manage territory, considering each and all accounts collectively; establish accurate plans and forecasts; prioritize efforts; generate short term results while holding a long-term perspective to maximize overall territory viability.
- Effective Communication: Deliver outstanding oral and written communications that are impactful and persuasive with their intended audience.
- Industry Knowledge: Possess in-depth knowledge of a given industry and relevant marketplace; can speak with authority, e.g., on industry trends, best practices, competitive practices, regulatory issues, etc.
- Effective Selling: Utilize solutions-oriented, systematic approach to selling, leverage mastery of sales best practices and CA’s sales methodology.
- Business Acumen: Understand key aspects of business, e.g., business models and competitive positioning; also understand how business operates, including role of structure, systems, and processes; can speak in business language when applying professional expertise.
- Financial Acumen: Use in-depth financial analysis to make decisions, evaluate opportunities and choices; knows how financial decisions impact business success.
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: CA Technologies does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any CA Technologies employee. CA Technologies will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of CA Technologies and will be processed accordingly.
Back to top