Principal Business Analyst
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
Your future starts here!
This position is responsible for leading the development of quality standards and process improvement initiatives through the use of measurements, accountability, and analysis in order to achieve best practices. This position also manages staff in ensuring that concerns and requests of the legal organization’s business partners within Finance, GIS and Sales are being addressed in a timely fashion.
CA Technologies is a Fortune 1000 company with a startup mentality – and we’re searching for incredible, bright talent to dominate in the marketplace. Sure, CA has been a leading software company for nearly four decades, with a global customer base that includes the majority of the Fortune 2000 – but what excites us today is the opportunity to redefine the future of our industry in the age of the cloud, mobile, social and big data. We have a daring vision and a powerful, expanding solution set that helps the world’s most successful companies realize their boldest objectives. For more information, visit http://www.ca.com/us/why-ca/innovation.html?intcmp=headernav
About the Role
In this role, you’ll help support CA Technologies charter to transform the IT industry. You will responsible to:
- Direct the documentation and maintenance of operational policies and procedures, including documenting detailed process flows, and the development of operational performance and quality metric standards and reports.
- Research best business practices within and outside the organization to establish benchmark data.
- Analyze process data prepared by staff to initiate and recommend business practices and procedures that focus on increased productivity within the legal organization and with our business partners.
- Analyze the effectiveness of existing business processes from information provided by staff in order to implement efficiencies.
- Research new and emerging information technologies which can support reengineering business processes.
- Direct the communications to area management staff to understand, interpret and comply with functional policies, procedures and processes; identify potential issues and develop, recommend and champion appropriate change proposals as needed.
- Review business metrics and service level agreements to key stakeholders. Facilitate changes of service level agreements between parties.
- Develop tools and models to measure performance and challenge business results for the region to create global efficiencies.
- Communicate business results, operational analyses, change recommendations and other information developed and/or received to Sr Director, VP and staff.
- Champion for continued global standardization, while ensuring that regional issues are being addressed.
- Direct the development and maintenance of reporting and presentations that validate legal clause usage and the effectiveness of business operations and management actions.
- Evaluate operational, l, service, and performance data to identify trends and areas for improvement.
- Analyze new business requirements and identify and recommend the most effective approach and resolution to issues.
- Define operational and strategic approaches to ensure business success by continuously improving business processes.
- Review requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirement surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, business analysis, and task and workflow analysis.
- Determine current performance, forecast future performance and build and direct detailed project plans to implement improvements and/or corrective actions.
- Understand how to interpret customer, (internal or external), business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Provide guidance to subordinates within the latitude of established company policies.
- Administer company policies that directly affect direct reports.
- Determine how to use resources to best meet schedules and goals.
- Recommend changes to policies and establishes procedures.
- Modify and execute company policies that affect operations.
How You’ll Stand Out:
The perfect candidate for this role will have a demonstrated record of success in positions of increasing responsibility over the course of their career. She/he will have an outstanding track record and reputation for being proactive, assertive and detail oriented. An ideal background will include:
- Typically 7 years of related experience.
- Broad range of management, business, and leadership skills required.
- Excellent communication, presentation, written, and interpersonal skills needed to influence customers, (internal and external) and other managers.
- Proven ability to manage concurrent projects.
- Ability to effectively manage time and program costs through activity duration, sequencing, estimating, schedule development and control, resource planning and cost estimating and budgeting and control using program management practices.
- Ability to effectively manage communications during complex program environment through communication planning, information distribution and performance reporting using formal program management practices.
- Proven ability to manage programs across global centers.
- Ability to effectively manage program risk through risk identification, quantification and control using formal program management practices.
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural teams.
- Strong quantitative analysis and experience working with database products, along with product or project management experience.
- Expertise in research methods and process improvement, experience using interactive web-based systems, and the ability to work with a technical and service-oriented team of professionals are required.
- Strong communication skills – including writing and presenting skills.
- Strong financial skills.
- Business travel of approximately 10 or less percent yearly is expected for this position.
- Bachelor’s Degree or global equivalent in Computer Science, Finance, Business Administration or related discipline
More About Working at CA:
CA has earned scores of global Workplace Excellence awards in the last few years – and there’s a reason for that. Here you’ll have the opportunity to explore flexible work arrangements, partner with our impressive customer set, and enjoy a competitive compensation package –all while pushing the boundaries of what’s “possible” by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short? CA’s fun, diverse, fast-paced culture have put us on the map as one of the best employers in IT. For more information, visit www.CA.com/careers.
A Great CA Employee:
- Takes smart risks
- Exhibits courage
- Is a “driver”
- Navigates ambiguity
- Embraces diversity
- Communicates openly
- Doesn’t take themselves too seriously
- Likes to laugh
- Loves a good challenge
- Is resilient when faced with setbacks
- Teams well with others
- Insists on quality results
- Is forward-thinking
- Adapts easily to change
- Solves problems creatively
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong.
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Back to top