Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
Your Future Starts Here.
The Principal Architect will provide system level architecture for an API Management SaaS solution. The successful candidate will work in a globalized, highly collaborative environment and will be given the freedom to innovate new product ideas and technologies for their product area.
CA Technologies is a Fortune 1000 company with a startup mentality – and we’re searching for incredible, bright talent to dominate in the marketplace. Sure, CA has been a leading software company for nearly four decades, with a global customer base that includes the majority of the Fortune 2000 – but what excites us today is the opportunity to redefine the future of our industry in the age of the cloud, mobile, social and big data. We have a daring vision and a powerful, expanding solution set that helps the world’s most successful companies realize their boldest objectives. For more information, visit http://www.ca.com/us/why-ca/innovation.html?intcmp=headernav.
About the Role:
In this role, you’ll help support CA Technologies charter to transform the IT industry by:
- Developing the systems level architecture of an industry-leading API Management SaaS solution
- Working with Agile teams in developing solutions and supporting appropriate system and component level design decision-making during implementation.
- Acting as an Epic owner for Architectural Epics. Working various groups from customers to business stakeholders, to product managers and product owners in communicating high-level understanding of system requirements and architectural designs.
- Taking ownership of problems and continuously striving to become a better problem solver and coaching others to do the same.
- Continuously improving and reducing required extensive customer interactions and the complexity of installation, configuration, deployment, maintenance, support, upgrades, and migrations.
- Actively participating in Release Planning and Iteration Planning, including effectively communicating technical and non-functional requirements for the system, ensuring they are accurately translated into Features and Stories in the backlog, and continuously gauging progress.
How You’ll Stand Out:
The perfect candidate for this role will have a demonstrated record of success in positions of increasing responsibility over the course of their career. He/she will have an outstanding track record and reputation for advising senior leaders on strategic initiatives within the IT industry. She/he will have an outstanding track record and reputation for architectural excellence, as well as effective communication and collaboration with diverse groups. An ideal background will include:
- 7+ years’ professional software design and development experience including a background in Java, with 3+ years’ experience in creating overall product architectures, component design and microservice design.
- Advanced with design and architecture patterns, architecture modeling and design methodologies.
- Strong understanding of Agile methods, paradigms and tools to support the development, implementation and adoption of architectural best practices and continuous improvement for the organization.
- Extensive background in, enterprise web architecture, and enterprise cloud architecture including experience with AWS.
- A strong sense of teamwork and collaboration and a proven track record of leading others in developing solutions.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
More About Working at CA:
CA has earned scores of global Workplace Excellence awards in the last few years – and there’s a reason for that. Here you’ll have the opportunity to explore flexible work arrangements, partner with our impressive customer set, and enjoy a competitive compensation package –all while pushing the boundaries of what’s “possible” by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short? CA’s fun, diverse, fast-paced culture have put us on the map as one of the best employers in IT. For more information, visit www.CA.com/careers.
A Great CA Employee:
- Takes smart risks
- Exhibits courage
- Is a “driver”
- Navigates ambiguity
- Embraces diversity
- Communicates openly
- Doesn’t take themselves too seriously
- Likes to laugh
- Loves a good challenge
- Is resilient when faced with setbacks
- Teams well with others
- Insists on quality results
- Is forward-thinking
- Adapts easily to change
- Solves problems creatively
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employee. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top