Principal Agile Program Manager (CA)
CA Technologies creates software that fuels transformation for companies and enables them to seize the opportunities of the application economy. Software is at the heart of every business in every industry. From planning, to development, to management and security, CA is working with companies worldwide to change the way we live, transact, and communicate – across mobile, private and public cloud, distributed and mainframe environments.
Below is the link to the internal QMS job description where you can view the Band Level & Job Family:
Job OverviewAn Agile Program Manager employs servant leadership to embrace and support Agile practices in the planning and execution of a program. The Principal Agile Program Manager provides mentoring, coaching, and facilitating across several teams.
Business Unit details
At a Glance CA Unified Infrastructure Management (CA UIM) equips enterprise IT organizations and service providers with capabilities for dramatically improving service quality and reducing the costs of IT service delivery. With the solution'scunified visibility, your organization can more proactively optimize service levels by preempting issues and minimizing outage duration. The solution helps you optimize operational efficiency—eliminating the complexity, cost and hassle of having to use and integrate multiple, disparate point monitoring tools. By streamlining monitoring administration,CA UIM helps teams better respond to expanding and evolving demands, support more agile development approaches and get new applications to market faster.
- Create an environment of trust where it is safe to challenge, experiment and fail without fear.
- Constantly refine and stay current with emerging themes in larger Agile community.
- Be an advocate in adopting Agile best practices and processes.
- Collaborate across all functions to ensure organizational effectiveness.
- Coach, train, and educate the program on principles and practices of Agile in collaboration with Scrum Masters and Agile Coaches.
- Be a Change Agent for Agile transformations.
- Actively participate in on-going change management as process business and technical scope is adjusted.
- Encourage and support development of teams and the program (team of teams).
- Support sustainable Agile practices within CA and help establish the program level principles, practices and processes that will enable sustainable product development.
- Give feedback from teams and discuss business level impediments and process improvements.
- Act as a galvanizing force for sharing Agile knowledge across the organization.
- Contribute to newsletters, blogs, and internal gatherings as they relate to Agile practices at CA.
Bachelor's degree or global equivalent in a related field.
Typically 7 or more years in an industry related role.
Experience in software development in an Agile environment, Support, project management, or a related field.
Skills & Competencies
- Leading Yourself
- Demonstrate a growth mind-set, seek feedback often, and is effective in continuous personal and professional development.
- Demonstrate high personal integrity and ability to earn trust from others.
- Excellent communication, presentation, written, and interpersonal skills for both individuals and groups.
- Enable Agility
- Demonstrate Agile behaviors.
- Embrace the Agile Manifesto and the Agile Principles.
- Pursue improvement of Agile techniques and practices.
- Model the behavior of the relentless improvement and a sense of urgency (the Kaizen mind).
- Practice and improve servant leadership.
- Leading Through Others
- Ability to recognize conflict and support conflict resolution through collaboration and consensus.
- Ability to easily build new relationships and proactively establish a variety of contacts across the organization.
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural teams.
- Facilitation skills - ability to facilitate small to medium-sized value streams.
- Broad range of program management and leadership skills required.
- Proven ability to balance concurrent activities
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you'll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employee. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top