Principal Agile Consultant
CA Technologies provides IT management solutions that help customers manage and secure complex IT environments to support agile business services. Organizations of all sizes leverage CA Technologies software and SaaS solutions to accelerate innovation, transform infrastructure and secure data and identities, from the data center to the cloud.
This position is responsible for assisting our customers with their training, coaching, and overall transformation needs through a variety of on-site and remote engagement options. Provides guidance to customers with the adoption of agile values, practices, and techniques.
- Influencing and guiding of individual contributors, teams, and delivery groups
- Delivery of standard training materials and classes
- Creation and delivery of custom training materials and classes
- Facilitation of workshops and events across multiple teams
- Thorough understanding of agile-at-scale approaches and techniques
- Leading team and delivery group launch, synchronization, and retrospective activities
- Create and contribute IP and content for re-use by other staff
- Participation in industry events and activities
Typical Role definition:
Sr Professional Staff. A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization. Resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways. Complete understanding and wide application of principles, theories, and concepts in the field. General knowledge of other related disciplines. Strong competence with the various tools, procedures, programming languages used to accomplish the job. Usually works with minimal supervision, conferring with a supervisor on unusual matters. May be assisted by (and at times direct) less senior level employees. Requires daily decision-making capabilities and actions that may not be reviewed by superiors. Assignments are broad in nature and need ingenuity and originality to solve. Contributes to moderately complex aspects of a project. May assist more junior staff members with aspects of their job. Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. May play a role in high-level projects that have an impact on the company’s future direction.
Job-Specific Authority and Role:
- Generally works without consulting their manager.
- Independent decisions are made daily
- Examples of typical decisions without manager consultation:
- Decision regarding applicable Agile approach to meet customer needs
- Decision on facilitation approach that will best resonate with learning community
- Determine appropriate escalation of issues
- Typically has no direct reports.
- Typically has no total staff.
- Typically has a geographic focus of Region(APJ/EMEA/LA/NA).
- Typically does not manage a budget.
Business Travel and Physical demands:
Business travel of approximately 75 percent yearly is expected for this position.
- Office environment. No special physical demands required.
- Job demands may require long periods of standing.
- Job demands may require long periods of standing.
Bachelor’s degree or global equivalent.
Typically 5 or more years of experience in agile coaching.
Skills & Competencies:
- Strong facilitation skills
- Strong training skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong emotional intelligence skills
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong.
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Back to top