Partner Account Director
CA Technologies provides IT management solutions that help customers manage and secure complex IT environments to support agile business services. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and innovation while supporting and developing our talented workforce. CA Technologies empowers its employees to drive success for both the business and themselves.
This position is responsible to define, build and maintain the partner ecosystem in the assigned area or practice area, provide input into area strategic and business plans, review partner business plans to ensure alignment with area and/or practice area plans and drive partner program utilization. Perform as partner manager for specified partners requiring more senior partner management.
- Hold sales revenue quota for one or more routes to market, business model or practice area for one or more defined routes, territory and/or group of partners
- Identify and recruit regional RTM, business model or practice area partners
- Execute partnership agreements
- Develop joint go-to-market strategy, business plan (including enablement, joint marketing, sales and business development), and KPIs:
- Orchestrate the enablement and training needs analysis
- Develop the enablement/training plan
- Nominate regional RTM and/or practice area partners to partner communities
- Partner program utilization
- Partner deal registration
- Measurement and reporting of partner performance
- Partner value realization/satisfaction, including corporate-level issue resolutions, escalation of unresolved field and product issues
- Executive-level relationships at the partner organization
- Approve partner certification
- Joint campaign performance relative to KPIs
- MDF allocation
- Enablement and training materials
- Joint pipeline and opportunities
- Joint field execution
- Provide input into:
- Regional RTM and/or Practice Area Business Plan
- Definition of a partner performance framework
- Evaluation and rationalization of partners
- To- and through-partner marketing strategy
- Joint marketing assets
- Key partner enablers, e.g. portal
- Implementation best practices
- Planning and management of partner communities
Typical Role Definition
Sr Professional Staff. A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization. Resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways. Complete understanding and wide application of principles, theories, and concepts in the field. General knowledge of other related disciplines. Strong competence with the various tools, procedures, programming languages used to accomplish the job. Usually works with minimal supervision, conferring with a supervisor on unusual matters. May be assisted by (and at times direct) less senior level employees. Requires daily decision-making capabilities and actions that may not be reviewed by superiors. Assignments are broad in nature and need ingenuity and originality to solve. Contributes to moderately complex aspects of a project. May assist more junior staff members with aspects of their job. Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. May play a role in high-level projects that have an impact on the company’s future direction.
Job-Specific Authority and Scope
- Generally works without consulting their manager.
- Independent decisions are made daily.
- Examples of typical decisions without manager consultation:
- Negotiate partner agreements
- Review and approve partner business plans, MDF, enablement, discounts and rebates
- Review and approve commissions
- Typically has no direct reports.
- Typically has no total staff.
- Typically has a geographic focus of Area (multi-country or multi-state).
- Typically does not manage a budget.
Business Travel and Physical Demands
Business travel of approximately 50 percent yearly is expected for this position.
- Office environment. No special physical demands required.
Bachelor’s degree or global equivalent in a business and/or technology field.
Skills & Competencies:
- Disciplined, goal oriented, self starter
- Build a successful partner ecosystem – including strategic planning partner identification and recruitment, partner on boarding and development, performance management
- Manage strategic partners, each of which will carry a substantial target
- Strong team and management skills
- Excellent planning, advisory and execution skills
- Excellent coaching, leadership and motivational skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proficient in most commonly used MS Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Visio)
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employee. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Back to top