Middleware Devops Engineer
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It's our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
Ready to do the best work of your life?
The Middleware Devops Engineer will work in our Internal IT Department supporting applications including; Hyperion, Callidus, Atlassian Confluence, Talend Integration, CA Clarity, CA API platform, Informatica, Qlikview, Business Objects, Globalscape, Sterling CPQ, SAP, ect. Both on premise and in the AWS/Azure Cloud.
The right candidate will have a strong technical background working with Enterprise Level Organizations.
About CA:CA Technologies is a Fortune 1000 company with a startup mentality – and we're searching for incredible, bright talent to dominate in the marketplace. Sure, CA has been a leading software company for nearly four decades, with a global customer base that includes the majority of the Fortune 2000 - but what excites us today is the opportunity to redefine the future of our industry in the age of the cloud, mobile, social and big data. We have a daring vision and a powerful, expanding solution set that helps the world's most successful companies realize their boldest objectives. For more information, visit www.CA.com/innovation.
- Install, Support and Maintain Mission Critical Business Applications and Middleware
- Support Applications including Hyperion, Callidus, Atlassian Confluence, Talend Integration, CA Clarity, CA API Platform, Informatica, Qlikview, Business Objects, Globalscape, Sterling CPQ, SAP, etc. both on premise and in the AWS/Azure Cloud
- Maintain and manage, tune Java Middleware platforms such as Weblogic, Websphere, JBoss, TomCat, SAP Java Platform etc.
- Upgrade Application Stacks, Migrate to Cloud or Containerized platforms.
- Develop Scripts to Automate Data-To-Day Ops and Maintenance.
- Design Resiliency for Critical Applications by Identifying Gaps and Bringing in Remediation Architecture and Engineering
- Gain a Working Knowledge of Our Applications and Work with Other Teams to Make Them More Cloud Friendly and Horizontally Scalable.
- Play at Important Role in Datacenter/Cloud Migration Projects at CA.
- Experience in Middleware and Application Infrastructure Support
- Thorough knowledge and experience of Java Middleware Systems – Weblogic, TomCat and others
- A Minimum of 1 Years of Experience with AWS Services Such as EC2, S3, VPC, CloudFormation, Route53, ELB, Lambda, API Gateway, RDS, etc.
- A Minimum of 2 years of Experience working with Linux, Apache and Java environments at Enterprise scale
- Good Working Knowledge of Windows Platforms
- Solid Knowledge of Cloud Security and Best Practices.
- Solid Background in Network, Storage and DNS services
- Strong Unix and Windows Expertise.
- Ability to Script Using At Least 1 language - PHP, Python, Ruby and/or Java.
- Experience with Chef (a plus)
- Experience Working with Dockers (a plus)
CA has earned scores of global Workplace Excellence awards in the last few years – and there's a reason for that. Here you'll have the opportunity to explore flexible work arrangements, partner with our impressive customer set, and enjoy a competitive compensation package –all while pushing the boundaries of what's "possible" by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short? CA's fun, diverse, fast-paced culture have put us on the map as one of the best employers in IT. For more information, visit www.CA.com/careers.
A Great CA Employee:
- Takes smart risks
- Exhibits courage
- Is a "driver"
- Navigates ambiguity
- Embraces diversity
- Communicates openly
- Doesn't take themselves too seriously
- Likes to laugh
- Loves a good challenge
- Is resilient when faced with setbacks
- Teams well with others
- Insists on quality results
- Is forward-thinking
- Adapts easily to change
- Solves problems creatively
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you'll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Our Islandia, NY campus offers several amenities, including:
- Gourmet cafeteria with wide selection of cuisine
- Montessori Child Development Center for children up to the age of six
- Banking services
- Fitness Center (state of the art facility complete with indoor full court basketball, indoor racquetball courts, cardio studio, outside running track, soccer fields, tennis courts)
- Concierge services (dry cleaning, package shipping, stamps and movie rentals)
- On-site chiropractor
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you'll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
To learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity, we welcome you to visit our web site at www.ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate's race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Nearest Major Market: Long Island
Nearest Secondary Market: New York CIty
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top