Marketing Communications Manager / Evangelist (Design)
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It's our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
CA Technologies is looking for a creative, design-driven marketer to promote and evangelize CA Design and our newly built Design Center in Santa Clara, CA. The Design Center is a dedicated space and team that helps business units across CA build better UX and products through design sprints, workshops, and strategic initiatives.
The right individual will bring a unique blend of design, branding and content marketing expertise, a passion for and solid understanding of all things design (from product to visual), and a knack for developing, executing, and evangelizing ideas / programs that can shape perception and influence people at all levels of an organization.
About this Role
In this role you'll develop and own both strategy and execution for ideas and programs that promote the Design Center and design thinking excellence across CA and the CA Design org. You'll have the opportunity to:
- Create and run on-going programs that establish and communicate the Design Center brand and vision
- Create a media strategy and develop content for things like e-newsletters, blogs, pod / videocasts, curated content, case studies and testimonials
- Partner with corporate brand and PR team on messaging and communications
- Maintain and evolve the CA Design website (strategy, content updates, revs, etc)
- Plan, organize, and manage design events (internal or community)
- In partnership with design leaders across CA, establish the Design Center as a content hub to collect and share design best practices and process
- Champion and help build a strong design culture, creating programs and systems that drive and foster a sense of community and design excellence
What We're Looking For
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated a record of success in positions of increasing responsibility over the course of their career. The perfect candidate will have:
- Hands-on creation of high-quality content and strategy for campaigns and programs that successfully drove awareness, understanding, and adoption
- Successfully generated enthusiasm and understanding around a brand, technology, program, or initiative
- Effectively developed high-quality, dynamic, and relevant content for digital channels, both independently as well as providing guidance to in-house design talent or agency
- Helped organize or lead a community-oriented event, either online or real-world experience working as a design evangelist, designer or creative in an agency or in-house
What You Can Demonstrate
- Experience creating content and launching successful marketing / brand programs
- Strong leadership and creativity; you are comfortable with ambiguity and can proactively generate unique ideas and programs to achieve goals
- Passion for and deep understanding of design and design culture, from product and UX to visual communication and branding
- Strong partner and collaboration skills; able to communicate, persuade, and influence at all levels of an organization
- World-class ability to craft presentations and deliver them
- Excellent sense of creative; can intelligently give direction on messaging and copy and knows when something isn't up to par quality wise
- 5-7 years of experience in marketing, branding, design, or product management
- Degree in Marketing, Design, Business, or equivalent experience
- Excellent strategic planning and organizational ability
- A passion for content creation and marketing
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong.
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you'll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate's race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top