Manager, User Experience Design
CA Technologies provides IT management solutions that help customers manage and secure complex IT environments to support agile business services. Organizations of all sizes leverage CA Technologies software and SaaS solutions to accelerate innovation, transform infrastructure and secure data and identities, from the data center to the cloud.
CA Technologies is a company with innovation on the mind – and we’re searching for incredible talent to join our next big initiative: bringing UX to the enterprise. CA has a daring vision and a powerful, expanding solution set that helps the world’s most successful companies realize their boldest objectives. Sure, we’ve been a leading software company for nearly four decades, with a global customer base that includes the majority of the Fortune 2000 – but what excites us today is the opportunity to redefine the future of our industry in the age of the cloud, mobile, social and big data.
In the multi-billion dollar game of enterprise software, the winning move lies in user experience. CA Technologies is looking for players who can bring their contagious passion and broad design experience to our Test Data Management products. Come prepared to use your design experience, love for developing awesome designs, and unbridled charisma to push the boundaries of design on an epic scale. You’ll have a chance to influence the overall design practices across multiple disciplines and have an impact on a corporate level.
Who You Are
If you’re a seasoned UX professional who is ready for a real challenge to sink your teeth into, this could be the role for you! You’ll need the courage to fail fearlessly, be a tireless and diplomatic advocate for our users, and obsess over ways to create the game-changing software of the future. We are looking for the best and brightest, so competition for places is stiff. In return, we ask for a passion to teach, strategic design ability, and a determination to make the most out of every opportunity. It’s the ideal environment to challenge you to “think big” giving you the support you need to drive your future career. If you’re ready to get started, come on over. We can’t wait to meet you.
This role also offers the opportunity to manage a small time as a part of the opportunity. If you are interested in being an interaction designer 70-75% of the time and function as a team lead/manager 25-30% of the time, this may be the role for you.
- Immerse yourself completely in a product domain. Deeply understand user needs and translate these into product designs
- Push the boundaries in interaction design, offering new ideas and solutions for products and patterns
- Consistently apply user research methods to validate design ideas and direction
- Create and define personas, scenarios, journey maps, task flows, wireframes, screen layouts, and interaction models, while rapidly evolving concepts into buildable designs
- Develop strong relationships with the product and development teams in our business unit
- Working from a deep understanding of user-centered design methodologies you will work directly with our agile development teams and product management to ensure that your vision is implemented and its value is experienced by the user.
- Deliver UI recommendations in the form of documentation, wireframes, mockups, or a moderate level of prototyping.
- Design thoughtful user experiences and a great looking product based on real user needs, motivations, and pain-points
- Contribute positively to design discussions by creating sketches, providing constructive design commentary, and sharing evaluative critique
- Collaborate, test, refine and validate your designs with the team and the product’s end users
- Effectively communicate research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally and visually
- Track current trends, patterns, and technologies, and share your passion for them with the CA design community
- In-depth background in designing enterprise business software
- A great portfolio highlighting a solid understanding of information architecture & interaction design
- Insatiable curiosity and an obsession with enterprise software design
- Proficiency in UX design wireframes/mockups and prototyping. Experience working with Adobe CS, Axure (or similar prototyping tools).
- Passion about user experience and the ability to work effectively within an agile development process
- Deep, demonstrated experience detailed design specifications with an ability to contribute to design strategy, usability studies and front-end development / web UI framework discussions
- Fluency with visual and interaction design tools
- Deep, demonstrated experience in interaction design, user research, and usability testing with an ability to contribute to design strategy, visual design, and detailed design specifications
- Excellent communication skills, including experience speaking with a wide variety of technical and business audiences
- Ability to lead large-scale product design initiatives to successful completion
- BA/BS Degree or global equivalent in Human-Computer Interaction, Information Design, or related HCI discipline is preferred.
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong.
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Back to top