Manager, Software Engineering (DevOps)
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It's our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
As a Manager, Software Engineering you will be responsible for leading and overseeing the day to day activities of an engineering team who would be working on DovOps/Globalization Tools and Continuous Deployment solutions.
- Work collaboratively within an Agile Team to write high quality, testable code that meets the Definition of Done.
- Strive to meet team commitments.
- Strive to eliminate technical debt.
- Adopt a test-first approach to software development, where possible in which the test is developed before the code.
- Participate in design and code reviews with other engineers.
- Use best software engineering practices to evolve the system design.
- Typically 7 or more years of experience in software development and with leadership and management experience in a medium to large software company with at least 2 years in a leadership role.
- Strong overall knowledge of development and quality assurance methodologies.
- Possess people and management skills.
- Experience in CI/CD delivery.
- Expertise in Process and product improvement.
- Demonstrates leadership, marketing, planning, execution, presentation, communication (verbal, written and interpersonal) and multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Experience into any (Jenkins /Hudson, GITHUB,Teamcity,Sonar Qube,Black duck,protex,dockets,securirability)
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you'll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employee. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top