Manager, Software Engineering (CA)-QA
="font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;">Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It's our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
This position will play a critical role in developing and implementing the testing strategy that will assure the performance, scalability and reliability of our product. This is key to our business, key to our customer satisfaction, and key to our ability to reach the next level of software innovation. You will be providing management oversight, strategic planning and directly manage a team of engineers.
- Experience owning end-to-end software quality, including design and implementation of test frameworks, automated test creation and execution. Proven track record of creating and executing on highly effective quality processes.
- 10+ years of software development and quality assurance experience with at least 4+ years of supervisory or management experience leading/managing automation team/project.
- In-depth knowledge of both UI and backend service test automation. Extensive experience leading and deploying test automation from scratch.
- Proficient in the use of various automation frameworks like Selenium, Protractor, Rest Assured etc.
- Hands-on experience with Java programming language and unit testing frameworks like Junit, TestNG.
- Hands-on experience with API-related technologies HTTP, REST, XML and JSON.
- Good exposure to development and build tools like Eclipse, Jenkins, Maven, ANT.
- Experience with Bug & Test Management Tools such as JIRA, Bugzilla, Rally, Quality Center, Testlink or TestRail.
- Proven expertise in the Agile development methodology.
- Strong people management skills with a proven track record in hiring, developing and retaining high performing talent.
- Experience working with geographically distributed team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate clearly with technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels.
- Ability to communicate and champion Quality Assurance and Automation methodologies throughout the organization.
- Experience executing performance and load tests, analyzing results and identifying bottlenecks.
- Experience with cloud-based solutions or products and offerings such as AWS or Azure.
- Experience with Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) technologies, tools and paradigms.
- Hands-on experience with software configuration management processes, tools and practices.
- Proven knowledge of SQL and scripting.
- Good working knowledge of Unix / Linux environment and Oracle database.
- Working knowledge of code coverage and analysis tools like SonarQube, JaCoCo, EMMA etc.
- Having a recognized Software Testing Certification (eg, IIST, SQE, ASQ, and QAI) will be an added benefit.
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you'll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employee. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top