Manager, Software Engineering (CA)
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It's our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
POSITION – Engineering Manger (Development) UI and Analytics
CA Technologies (Nasdaq: CA) is an IT management software and solutions company with expertise across all IT environments--from mainframe and physical, to virtual and cloud. CA manages and secures IT environments and enables customers to deliver more flexible IT services. CA Technologies innovative products and services provide the insight and control essential for IT organizations to power business agility. The majority of the Global Fortune 500 relies on CA Technologies to manage their evolving IT ecosystems. Founded in 1976, CA Technologies serves customers in virtually every country in the world and reported revenue of about $4 billion in fiscal year 2016.
This position is responsible for Leading a team of UI developers and Analytics Engineers, helping them to architect, design, create excellent front end applications with very high usability score from enterprise that span several product areas. In addition, this position will not only provide all the necessary help, but also guide team with high level research and analysis related to frontend software design and development.
Lead of team highly motivated frontend developers and Analytics Engineers to architect, design and develop working solutions to solve wide array of product challenges and meet business needs.
- Ability to help and resolve team impediments so that team is always highly productive
- Collaborate with cross functional global team with effective communication skills
- Ability to come up with innovative ideas to improve product capabilities
- Mentor and coach other team members improving overall technical and domain capabilities
Coordinate in leading projects and driving them to successful completion
- Minimum 10+ years of experience in designing and development of large scale software systems
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in managing/ Leading a team of 8 to 10 UI developers.
- SDLC management like Project Structure, build management, Dependency management, Deployment, Packaging with tools like Gulp, RequireJS, NPM, Bower etc.
- MVVM & MVC patterns in JS using at least one Framework AngularJS or others
- Testing: Unit Testing, Cross Browser Testing tools, Debugging tools
- CSS, HTML5
- Need to have knowledge of data science principles and practices
- Desirable to have experience in Scala, Java or Python
- Experience with Apache Spark platform will be an added advantage
- Experience with big data technologies and databases like Elasticsearch, Cassandra and Hadoop
- Optional/Good to have: View Layer Framework like ReactJS, D3, BootStapJS etc.
- Optional to have experience in Jaspersoft Reports and Dashboards development
- Proficient in writing SQL Queries and knowledge on PL/SQL
- Experience with various operating systems (Windows, Linux, Solaris) and database platforms (MS-SQL, MySQL, Oracle)
- Experience in domain security and L10N Implementation
- Proficient in web technologies like CSS, Java script, HTML5, XML, JSON
- Proficient in Object Oriented Analysis & Design, Design Patterns, doing research and validation for new product features
- Experience in designing wireframes and mockups
- Knowledge on tools like GitHub and TeamCity
- Support early and continuous validation of features and stories with customers, analysts and CA's customer facing teams
- Experience in Agile Software Development (Scrum and Kanban)
- A solid grasp of user-centered design
- Exceptional defect analysis, triaging and fixing skills
- Very Strong problem solving and decision making skills
- Demonstrate the use of strong interpersonal and social skills in individual and group settings
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you'll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employee. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top