Manager, Software Engineering (CA)
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It's our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
As a Manager, Software Engineering you will be responsible for leading and overseeing the day to day activities of an engineering team within a product or product line. You'll have responsibility or matrixed responsibility for personnel management and development.
- Oversee the development activities for a product or product line
- Identify and track metrics that can be used to ensure objectives are met and recommend process improvements.
- Determine and recommend methods to streamline and improve development processes and procedures.
- Determine critical priorities and monitor and control the activities and performance of staff to achieve those objectives.
- Assign or reallocate duties to personnel to meet various workload pressures and variations where necessary.
- Ensure staff understands and adheres to corporate policies and procedures. May perform Principal, Software Engineering responsibilities if necessary
- Ensure effective recruiting, training and development programs are applied to promote productivity, retention, motivation and morale.
- Typically 7 or more years of experience in software development and with leadership and management experience in a medium to large software company with at least 2 years in a leadership role.
- Strong overall knowledge of development and quality assurance methodologies.
- Possess people and management skills.
- Demonstrates leadership, marketing, planning, execution, presentation, communication (verbal, written and interpersonal) and multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Strong analytical capabilities; need to see the 'big picture'.
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you'll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employee. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top