Manager, Software Engineering
CA Technologies provides IT management solutions that help customers manage and secure complex IT environments to support agile business services. Organizations of all sizes leverage CA Technologies software and SaaS solutions to accelerate innovation, transform infrastructure and secure data and identities, from the data center to the cloud.
We are actively seeking a Development Manager who has a passion for leading technical teams and developing world class products. We are an Agile organization with a focus on team-based decision making and servant leadership. Managers that thrive at CA Technologies (formerly Rally) bring out the best in their teams through active participation, constant communication, and technical expertise. This is an excellent opportunity to get in with a one of a kind company and to make a direct impact on its success.
What You’ll Be Doing:
In this role we are looking for a hands-on contributor. This is a unique position where you will manage the team and also be responsible for writing code. We would ideally like to bring someone into the team who has strong experience with Docker, Jenkins and related technology.
- Leading and contributing to a team of 4-5 of experienced software craftsman
- Pairing with colleagues to build software, solve problems, and be a force multiplier for other development teams
- We like to use the right tools for the job, so you’ll be working in a wide array of programming languages and some of the latest industry technologies
- Working closely with product management to ensure effective feature delivery, roadmap development, realistic estimates, and timely updates on progress
- Engaging with other team leaders to ensure teams work collaboratively and that the overall effectiveness, efficiencies, and consistency of all engineering teams improves
What You Bring To The Table:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration
- Strong experience with Docker, Jenkins and related DevOps tools
- Broad expertise in programming languages, frameworks and overall software architecture
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services
- Proven ability to successfully grow, lead, and mentor engineering teams
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies, continuous integration, and test-driven development
- Skilled at finding consensus among groups of strong-willed individuals and ability to influence others outside your direct reports
- Experience working with distributed teams
- BA/BS in Computer Science/Engineering or other related degrees
- 10 or more years experience in the software industry including people management experience
If all this sounds tempting, and you think you’d be a good fit, check out http://ca.com/careers to learn more about CA Technologies and apply online. We’d love a cover letter telling us why you’re perfect for this job and a few things that aren’t obvious from your resume.
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Back to top