Manager, Software Engineering
CA Technologies provides IT management solutions that help customers manage and secure complex IT environments to support agile business services. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and innovation while supporting and developing our talented workforce. CA Technologies empowers its employees to drive success for both the business and themselves.
Ready to make IT history? Us too!
We are seeking a talented Manager of our new Software Engineering team to join our Herzliya office. This position will be managing a team of Engineers supporting our CA Release Automation product line.
CA Release Automation is an integral part of the CA Technologies comprehensive continuous delivery ecosystem, which includes agile development and test management solutions. With CA Release Automation, operations teams can focus on how to release more agilely without compromising compliance and stability; development teams can focus on application innovation instead of script maintenance and troubleshooting deployments; and release managers can focus on managing an agile pipeline with added visibility and insights
About the Role
The Manager of Software Engineering is a key leader of the development organization. Led by the strategic direction of the General Manager, the ideal candidate for this position will be the driving force behind the successful development of the Release Automation product line. The Manager of Software Engineering will work within an agile development organization and be accountable for leading a team of Engineers, refining software requirements, providing development estimates, designing and implementing software using cutting edge technologies and managing timeline commitments.
You will be responsible for:
- Manage Agile/SCRUM development projects for specific new products or new product releases to ensure process efficiency, effective resource allocation, product quality, and achievement of milestones and deadlines.
- Advise on customer education and documentation requirements for new products and releases.
- Attend department meetings and provide input to establish and improve departmental processes and procedures.
- Maintain relationships with other department involved in product sustainment.
- Monitor and control the activities and performance of staff under his/her supervision with guidance from management.
- Work with management to ensure appropriately qualified and/or experienced personnel are recruited and trained.
- May perform Sr Software Engineering responsibilities if necessary.
- Assign or reallocate duties to personnel to meet various workload pressures and variations where necessary.
How You’ll Stand Out
An ideal background will entail:
- Typically 7 or more years of experience in software development with Management experience.
- Strong technical background with experience with core Java and/or J2EE and REST APIs
- Strong technical background with experience with SQL/NOSQL databases.
- Experience in building high-performance, highly available and reliable software for a large-scale, geographically dispersed production environment.
- Demonstrated expertise with software engineering processes.
- Experience in Test Driven Development (TDD)/continuous delivery methodologies – Advantage
- Demonstrated ability to lead both developing and highly experienced software developers.
- Demonstrated experience in all aspects of personnel management: hiring, mentoring and performance management.
- Strong background in leading Software Engineering teams in an agile environment.
- Excellent problem solving, issue identification and technical documentation skills.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and meeting deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to perform under pressure.
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employee. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Back to top