Lead Teacher (up to 3 years)
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
Your future starts here!
The Lead Teacher is responsible to be the dynamic link between the child and the prepared environment in a Montessori classroom for children 6 weeks of age through 3 years of age and work with other Teachers in this capacity.
CA Technologies is a Fortune 1000 company with a startup mentality – and we’re searching for incredible, bright talent to dominate in the marketplace. Sure, CA has been a leading software company for nearly four decades, with a global customer base that includes the majority of the Fortune 2000 – but what excites us today is the opportunity to redefine the future of our industry in the age of the cloud, mobile, social and big data. For more information, visit http://www.ca.com/us/why-ca/innovation.html?intcmp=headernav
About the Role
In this role, you’ll help support CA Technologies charter to transform the IT industry. You will be responsible, but not limited to:
- Follow and demonstrate understanding of the CA Montessori Children’s Center and general company’s policies and procedures. Uphold the NAEYC & AMI Ethics and the Core values of CA and NAEYC.
- Provide activities and opportunities that encourage curiosity, exploration, and problem-solving appropriate to the development levels of the children.
- Assist in the creation of a classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate to the physical, social, and emotional development of students with an emphasis on language development and emergent literacy skills utilizing mobiles, movement mats, and low shelves.
- Assist in the selection of books, equipment and other instructional materials appropriate for the classroom. Keep records of each child’s progress and portfolios current.
- Understand and embrace the importance of the parent-teacher customer relationship, and be sensitive and responsive to the parent, customer needs.
- Maintain open, friendly, and cooperative relationship with each child’s family and encourage their involvement in the program.
- Be flexible and collaborate with other classrooms to maintain ratios and support each other to effectively manage your time and your classroom.
- Attend to and ensure children’s health, safety, and nutrition
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds (22.5Kg)
- Must be able to run after children and push several children in a carriage
- Must be able to sit on the floor with the children for long periods of time
How You’ll Stand Out:
The perfect candidate for this role will have a demonstrated record of success in positions of increasing responsibility over the course of their career. She/he will have an outstanding track record and reputation for being proactive, assertive and passionate. An ideal background will include:
- Bachelor’s Degree is required or global equivalent in early childhood education or a related field.
- Typically 3 or more years or related experience.
- Flexible, Calm and Patient, Strong communication and Listening Skills.
- Ability to handle stressful situations.
- Willing to obtain Association Montessori International (AMI) training and successful completion of certification
- Business travel of approximately 10 or less percent yearly is expected for this position.
More About Working at CA:
CA has earned scores of global Workplace Excellence awards in the last few years – and there’s a reason for that. Here you’ll have the opportunity to explore flexible work arrangements, partner with our impressive customer set, and enjoy a competitive compensation package –all while pushing the boundaries of what’s “possible” by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short? CA’s fun, diverse, fast-paced culture have put us on the map as one of the best employers in IT. For more information, visit www.CA.com/careers
A Great CA Employee:
- Takes smart risks
- Exhibits courage
- Is a “driver”
- Navigates ambiguity
- Embraces diversity
- Communicates openly
- Doesn’t take themselves too seriously
- Likes to laugh
- Loves a good challenge
- Is resilient when faced with setbacks
- Teams well with others
- Insists on quality results
- Is forward-thinking
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong.
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Back to top