Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It's our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
Are you looking to design the future? You don't want just a job – you want to make a difference from the first day of your career. CA Technologies provides IT management solutions that help customers manage and secure complex IT environments to support agile business services. Organizations of all sizes leverage CA Technologies software and SaaS solutions to accelerate innovation, transform infrastructure, and secure data and identities, from the data center to the cloud. Look at what you can do at CA Technologies and the API Management team in Vancouver.
Software Engineer Co-Op
CA Technologies is seeking Software Engineer Co-Ops to join our energetic and growing team in Vancouver, BC. The candidates we are looking for have a passion for developing software and for technology in general. They appreciate and welcome the challenges of working in a creative environment that strives to build successful solutions. They have an interest in all phases of the development lifecycle and enjoy owning tasks from "cradle to grave".
Want to work with emerging technologies? Want to join a growing team? Want to learn? Want to put your ideas to life? Then this is where you need to be.
What You'll Be Doing
- Learn and practice on how to build awesome large scale software, working with new technologies in areas such as Microservices, Cloud Platforms and Software Automation
- Develop innovative new solutions that will help to shape the future direction of the company
- Work with new technologies in areas such as Microservices, Analytics, Internet of Things, and Mobility
- Work and participate in small scrum teams in an agile development environment
- Both collaborative work with your team and individual work supported by your mentor(s)
- Visualize, articulate, and break down complex problems
- Design and implement solutions and modules that meet requirements
- Improve quality by planning and implementing functional tests, unit tests, and integration tests
- Improve efficiency by developing and maintaining automated test cases
- Write and maintain documentation to describe the work we do and our technology
- Participate in design and code reviews with other developers
- Speak out, be heard, refactor – leave everything better than when you received it
How You'll Stand Out
- Pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in IT, Computer Science, or closely related discipline
- Demonstrated passion for software creation, e.g. via:
- Academic software projects
- Contributions to open source projects
- Hackathon projects
- Your own side projects
- Working knowledge of common development languages (C++, Java, .NET, php, Python, Ruby, Perl, etc.)
- Basic understanding of web-based technologies (HTML4/5, HTTP/S, XML, CSS, API's, JSON, REST, etc.)
- Familiarity with areas such as:
- Virtualization technology
- Cloud technologies
- Application development, release management, performance and testing
- Security and Identity Management
- Familiarity with testing frameworks (JUnit, TestNG, Selenium, JMeter, etc.)
- Familiarity with virtualization and cloud technologies (VMware ESXi, Workstation, SaaS, AWS, EC2, etc.)
- Clear and effective communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong troubleshooting abilities, disciplined and detail oriented
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you'll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employee. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top