Information Engineer (CA)
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It's our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
- Gather relevant information from engineering, product management, quality assurance, and support to plan, outline, and structure technical content for developer guides, release notes, knowledge base articles, operation guides, and web site descriptions
- Produce and maintain high-quality documentation for a variety of developer-oriented software products working within an Agile software engineering development methodology
- Follow established authoring and formatting styles
- Shepherd documentation through final review in accordance with established processes to ensure final content is accurate, up-to-date, and approved by stakeholders
- Work with internal and external team members and stakeholders to ensure consistent flow, and structure meets established authoring guidelines
- Publish content for Web, print, or online access as required
- Degree, diploma, or associate certificate in technical writing or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3-5 years of experience writing and editing for broad range of audiences ranging from non-technical to highly technical
- Experience working on multiple complex documentation projects in a fast-paced and collaborative Agile software development engineering environment
- Working knowledge of single-source publishing, conditionalization, variables, and shared content (snippets/insets)
- Demonstrated attention to detail with the ability to consistently produce clear, cohesive, and comprehensive, and accurate high-quality content for the intended audience
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational, and diplomacy skills – ability to multitask and work across departments and divisional structure
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule to attend global meetings and to meet project deadlines
- Experience working within structured authoring and template-based authoring
- Self-motivated and focused with excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to continuously prioritize in a rapidly changing environment and the flexibility to work independently
- Demonstrated experience writing content for Web consumption and localization for global audiences, with an understanding of the differences between print- and Web-based content delivery
- Ability to build relationships, persuade and influence individuals at all levels
- Fast learner, able to absorb complex concepts quickly,
- Proficiency with standard authoring publishing tools as well as authoring languages such as XML, Markdown.
- Experience working with content repositories
- Understanding of standard review, editing, and commenting workflows, including advanced use of commenting and change tracking
- Familiar with standard screen capturing and bitmap editing tools
- Experience working in a collaborative file-sharing environment such as Sharepoint
- Understanding and/or experience working enterprise and web content management systems such as Confluence, Wordpress, Drupal, Joomla, Sitecore, or Sitefinity
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you'll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employee. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top