Financial Contracts Analyst
CA Technologies provides IT management solutions that help customers manage and secure complex IT environments to support agile business services. Organizations of all sizes leverage CA Technologies software and SaaS solutions to accelerate innovation, transform infrastructure and secure data and identities, from the data center to the cloud.
Your future starts here!
As a Financial Contracts Analyst you will be responsible to expedite the review and approval of sales quotes/financial contracts in compliance with company policy. This position also supports other Financial Contract Analyst team members in the validation of product licensing information and ensuring accuracy of product and quote proposal information.
CA Technologies is a Fortune 1000 company with a startup mentality – and we’re searching for incredible, bright talent to dominate in the marketplace. Sure, CA has been a leading software company for nearly four decades, with a global customer base that includes the majority of the Fortune 2000 – but what excites us today is the opportunity to redefine the future of our industry in the age of the cloud, mobile, social and big data. We have a daring vision and a powerful, expanding solution set that helps the world’s most successful companies realize their boldest objectives. For more information, visit http://www.ca.com/us/why-ca/innovation.html?intcmp=headernav
About the Role
In this role, you’ll help support CA Technologies charter to transform the IT industry by:
- Developing contracts in support of software and services proposals or transactions.
- Participating in deal negotiation as required.
- Providing creative solutions to address client needs and expectations during negotiation while protecting Company rules and objectives.
- Working with Account Manager/Account Director or Services personnel to understand the business quotes/contracts and any special or non-standard business terms needing to be included in the contractual documents as well as any escalation as required.
- Advising Sales of the business objectives and optimized financial outcomes of proposals or transactions.
- Managing the review and approval process of products and services contracts
- Conducting transaction risk assessment and transaction approval process on assigned proposals or transactions.
- Conducting financial analysis of proposals and transactions.
- Approving deals and transactions assessed as low or medium risk.
- Submitting accurate revenue booking packages to Sales Accounting or Services Accounting.
- Promoting compliance with pricing and revenue recognition procedures.
- Ensuring references to prior contracts are valid.
- Ensuring highest professional quality of contracts.
- Validating product licensing information.
- Producing reports or communicate progress as required.
How You’ll Stand Out:
The perfect candidate for this role will have a demonstrated record of success in positions of increasing responsibility over the course of their career. She/he will have an outstanding track record and reputation for being proactive, assertive and detail oriented. An ideal background will include:
- Bachelor’s Degree or global equivalent in Finance or related business area.
- Typically 2 or more years of sell-side contract creation, pricing, and negotiation.
- General knowledge of software industry in either software pricing and licensing or software services-related statements of work, professional services agreements.
- Knowledge of software licensing and professional service transactions, basic financial analysis skills, time management, high-touch interpersonal skills, teamwork and problem solving skills as well as a commitment to personal development. Strong skill set in customer service, relationship building, written and oral communication and attention to detail. Ability to interact with departments within an organization and to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced and demanding environment. Specific technical skills preferred include:
- SAP or other ERP system.
- Medium to Advanced competency in Microsoft Office products (Word/Excel/PowerPoint).
- Basic financial analysis skills.
- Contract Management Professional certification helpful.
- Business travel of approximately 10 or less percent yearly is expected for this position.
More About Working at CA:
CA has earned scores of global Workplace Excellence awards in the last few years – and there’s a reason for that. Here you’ll have the opportunity to explore flexible work arrangements, partner with our impressive customer set, and enjoy a competitive compensation package –all while pushing the boundaries of what’s “possible” by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short? CA’s fun, diverse, fast-paced culture have put us on the map as one of the best employers in IT. For more information, visit www.CA.com/careers.
A Great CA Employee:
- Takes smart risks
- Exhibits courage
- Is a “driver”
- Navigates ambiguity
- Embraces diversity
- Communicates openly
- Doesn’t take themselves too seriously
- Likes to laugh
- Loves a good challenge
- Is resilient when faced with setbacks
- Teams well with others
- Insists on quality results
- Is forward-thinking
- Adapts easily to change
- Solves problems creatively
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Our Islandia, NY campus offers several amenities, including:
- Gourmet cafeteria with wide selection of cuisine
- Montessori Child Development Center for children up to the age of six
- Banking services
- Fitness Center (state of the art facility complete with indoor full court basketball, indoor racquetball courts, cardio studio, outside running track, soccer fields, tennis courts)
- Concierge services (dry cleaning, package shipping, stamps and movie rentals)
- On-site chiropractor
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
To learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity, we welcome you to visit our web site at www.ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top