Financial Contracts Analyst
CA Technologies provides IT management solutions that help customers manage and secure complex IT environments to support agile business services. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and innovation while supporting and developing our talented workforce. CA Technologies empowers its employees to drive success for both the business and themselves.
Financial Contracts Analyst
Based in Datchet (near Windsor) and reporting directly to the Head of the Department based in Paris, your role is to minimize the exposure to risk related contractual and financial aspects of selling software for various countries in EMEA (Turkey, Poland, Northern Africa, Middle East etc.) and to develop the contractual knowledge and practices of our sales teams.
This position is responsible to expedite the review and approval of sales quotes/financial contracts in compliance with company policy. This position also supports other Financial Contract Analyst team members in the validation of product licensing information and ensuring accuracy of product and quote proposal information.
- Develop contracts in support of software and services proposals or transactions.
- Participate in deal negotiation as required.
- Provide creative solutions to address client needs and expectations during negotiation while protecting Company rules and objectives.
- Work with Account Manager/Account Director or Services personnel to understand the business quotes/contracts and any special or non-standard business terms needing to be included in the contractual documents as well as any escalation as required.
- Advise Sales of the business objectives and optimized financial outcomes of proposals or transactions.
- Manage the review and approval process of products and services contracts
- Conduct transaction risk assessment and transaction approval process on assigned proposals or transactions.
- Conduct financial analysis of proposals and transactions.
- Approve deals and transactions assessed as low or medium risk.
- Submit accurate revenue booking packages to Sales Accounting or Services Accounting.
- Promote compliance with pricing and revenue recognition procedures.
- Ensure references to prior contracts are valid.
- Ensure highest professional quality of contracts.
- Validate product licensing information.
- Produce reports or communicate progress as required.
Typical Role Definition
Professional Staff. An intermediate level professional role. Some evaluation, originality or ingenuity required to perform tasks. Knows and applies the fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of a particular field.
Job-Specific Authority and Scope
- Generally works without consulting their manager.
- Independent decisions are made daily.
- Examples of typical decisions without manager consultation:
- Approve quotes/contracts in compliance with internal policy.
- Coordinate research activities.
- Identify contracting requirements, develop paperwork as required.
- Typically has no direct reports.
- Typically has no total staff.
- Typically has a geographic focus of Country.
- Typically does not manage a budget.
Bachelor’s Degree or global equivalent in Finance or related business area.
Typically 1 or more years of sell-side contract creation, pricing, and negotiation. General knowledge of software industry in either software pricing and licensing or software services-related statements of work, professional services agreements.
Skills & Competencies
We are looking for a graduate with a Bachelor’s Degree or global equivalent in Finance or in Business.
Typically 2 years’ experience in Accounting, Finance or contracts creation is necessary.
A background in the Software industry or technical areas is preferred.
General knowledge in either software pricing or licensing or professional services agreements is advantageous.
Solid organization, multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
Forward thinking and solutions orientated approach at all times.
Strong communication skills.
You will have a perfect command of English with an additional language (French, Spanish, Arabic or Turkish) to be desired.
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employee. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Back to top