Finance and Accounting Rotation Analyst
CA Technologies provides IT management solutions that help customers manage and secure complex IT environments to support agile business services. Organizations of all sizes leverage CA Technologies software and SaaS solutions to accelerate innovation, transform infrastructure and secure data and identities, from the data center to the cloud.
We’re seeking analytical associates that have diverse perspectives and backgrounds who want to be change agents for a fortune 1000 company.
CA is a dynamic company traded on the NASDAQ – we are looking to hire talented individuals, to help us dominate in the marketplace we decide to compete in. We have been a leading software company for over four decades, with a global customer-base that includes the majority of the Fortune 2000 – but what excites us today is the opportunity to redefine the future of our industry in the age of cloud computing, mobile, social and big data. We have a daring vision and a powerful, expanding suite of solutions that helps the world’s most successful companies realize their boldest objectives.
The Finance & Accounting Rotation Program
As a Finance & Accounting Rotation Analyst, you will have the opportunity to apply your finance and accounting knowledge, while developing your leadership abilities as part of an intense three year rotational program, which begins July 2017 at our Islandia, NY facility. Each employee will gain a wealth of experience through three distinct roles, while be exposed to such things as strategy development, business execution and financial management in corporate Finance and Accounting roles. You will then be hired into a permanent position within the company at a Sr. Analyst level upon completion of program. The position rotates through three distinct tracks: Financial Planning & Analysis, Accounting and other specialized areas such as Treasury, Tax, and Internal Audit. You’ll also receive ongoing mentoring, development and advising from seasoned leaders who will be there to help you accelerate your career, along with a wide network of peers and partners across the company.
About the Role
- Participating in the generation of financial transactions, all of the way through the release of our financial statements
- Analyzing actual financial and accounting information for key trends and anomalies
- Developing budgets and forecasts throughout the year to facilitate and support management decisions
- Preparing financial analysis supporting quarterly earnings, including key financial and operational metrics used by investors to assess the quality of CA’s performance
- Obtaining a basic understanding of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (G.A.A.P.), SEC requirements, Sarbanes Oxley and other laws and regulations affecting public companies
- Understanding the steps in CA’s acquisition process, from identifying targets throughintegration
- Identifying and supporting the implementation of process enhancements to promote efficiency
- Communicating and collaborating across various teams to help achieve common goals
How you will stand out
- BA/BS in Business, Accounting, Finance, Economics or related field between December 2016 and June 2017
- 5th year Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field to be completed between December 2016 and June 2017
- 3.0 GPA or better (transcript required)
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team based environment
- Innate desire for professional development
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Sponsorship for work visas are not available for this program
- Desire to obtain CPA certification encouraged if on an accounting track
CA has earned scores of global Workplace Excellence awards in the last few years – and there’s a reason for that
- Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental, and 401k with match eligibility
- Gym onsite at our Islandia, NY facility
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Work life balance
- Parent, Pet Benefits
- 5 volunteer days during the year to use as agreed upon by manager
- Montessori Children’s Center onsite at our Islandia, NY facility
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Our Islandia, NY campus offers several amenities, including:
- Gourmet cafeteria with wide selection of cuisine
- Montessori Child Development Center for children up to the age of six
- Banking services
- Fitness Center (state of the art facility complete with indoor full court basketball, indoor racquetball courts, cardio studio, outside running track, soccer fields, tennis courts)
- Concierge services (dry cleaning, package shipping, stamps and movie rentals)
- On-site chiropractor
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
To learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity, we welcome you to visit our web site at www.ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Back to top