Finance and Accounting Rotation Analyst
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It's our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
As a Finance & Accounting Rotation Analyst, you will have the opportunity to apply your finance and accounting knowledge, while developing your leadership abilities as part of an intense three-year rotational program, which begins July 2018 at our Islandia, NY facility. Each employee will gain a wealth of experience through three distinct roles, while be exposed to such things as strategy development, business execution and financial management in corporate Finance and Accounting roles. You will then be hired into a permanent position within the company at a Sr. Analyst level upon completion of program. The position rotates through three distinct tracks: Financial Planning & Analysis, Accounting and other specialized areas such as Treasury, Tax, and Internal Audit. You'll also receive ongoing mentoring, development and advising from seasoned leaders who will be there to help you accelerate your career, along with a wide network of peers and partners across the company.
About the Role
- Participating in the generation of financial transactions, all the way through the release of our financial statements
- Analyzing actual financial and accounting information for key trends and anomalies
- Developing budgets and forecasts throughout the year to facilitate and support management decisions
- Preparing financial analysis supporting quarterly earnings, including key financial and operational metrics used by investors to assess the quality of CA's performance
- Obtaining a basic understanding of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (G.A.A.P.), SEC requirements, Sarbanes Oxley and other laws and regulations affecting public companies
- Understanding the steps in CA's acquisition process, from identifying targets through integration
- Identifying and supporting the implementation of process enhancements to promote efficiency
- Communicating and collaborating across various teams to help achieve common goals
How you will stand out
- BA/BS in Business, Accounting, Finance, Economics or related field to be completed in Spring 2018
- 5th year Master's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field to be completed in Spring 2018
- 3.0 GPA or better (transcript required)
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team based environment
- Innate desire for professional development
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Sponsorship for work visas are not available for this program
- Desire to obtain CPA certification encouraged if on an accounting track
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you'll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Our Islandia, NY campus offers several amenities, including:
- Gourmet cafeteria with wide selection of cuisine
- Montessori Child Development Center for children up to the age of six
- Banking services
- Fitness Center (state of the art facility complete with indoor full court basketball, indoor racquetball courts, cardio studio, outside running track, soccer fields, tennis courts)
- Concierge services (dry cleaning, package shipping, stamps and movie rentals)
- On-site chiropractor
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you'll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
To learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity, we welcome you to visit our web site at www.ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate's race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Nearest Major Market: Long Island
Nearest Secondary Market: New York CIty
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top