CA Technologies provides IT management solutions that help customers manage and secure complex IT environments to support agile business services. Organizations of all sizes leverage CA Technologies software and SaaS solutions to accelerate innovation, transform infrastructure and secure data and identities, from the data center to the cloud.
Your future starts here!
As an Executive Assistant you will be responsible to perform highly specialized, professional and administrative support to Executive Vice President or General Manager-level positions. This position requires a wide and comprehensive acquaintance with, and understanding of, both general and specific phases of the job and their practical application to complex problems and situations ordinarily encountered. The position functions under minimal supervision. Work is often done without established procedures. Contacts are frequent within and outside of the company and involve obtaining or providing information on matters of some importance to the company and may be of a sensitive nature.
CA Technologies is a Fortune 1000 company with a startup mentality – and we’re searching for incredible, bright talent to dominate in the marketplace. Sure, CA has been a leading software company for nearly four decades, with a global customer base that includes the majority of the Fortune 2000 – but what excites us today is the opportunity to redefine the future of our industry in the age of the cloud, mobile, social and big data. We have a daring vision and a powerful, expanding solution set that helps the world’s most successful companies realize their boldest objectives. For more information, visit http://www.ca.com/us/why-ca/innovation.html?intcmp=headernav
About the Role
In this role, you’ll help support CA Technologies charter to transform the IT industry and be responsible to:
- Organize workflow by reviewing correspondence and determining importance of such, before distributing to executive.
- Be responsible for organizing, managing, and driving execution, in conjunction with executive team, key projects.
- Schedule and coordinate team/offsite meetings several times a year
- Screen and direct incoming calls, correspondence and visitors.
- Answer questions and furnish information to keep the executive’s time free of minor detail work.
- Responsible for the orderly establishment, maintenance and retrieval of information and correspondence on a daily basis to ensure immediate access to files.
- Compose and edit correspondence on behalf of the executive.
- Schedule appointments and coordinate arrangements for meetings ensuring the executive meets the commitments.
- Coordinate and arrange all domestic and international travel.
- Gather data from a variety of sources for inclusion in technical reports and presentations; performs independent research and prepares information for special projects as required
- Develop, maintain, update, reconcile and analyze spreadsheet information for basic management reporting.
- Interpret and relay company policy information; keeps executive informed of any deviation on items that may require personal attention and approval.
- Act as a liaison between groups under the responsibility of the executive.
- Attend designated conferences and meetings, taking and transcribing minutes.
- Distribute workload and provide feedback as appropriate to other support staff.
- Handle confidential material relevant to company operations.
- Prepare information for senior management meetings.
- Mentor, and may at times, direct other administrative staff.
- Participate in interviewing other administrative staff.
How You’ll Stand Out:
The perfect candidate for this role will have a demonstrated record of success in positions of increasing responsibility over the course of their career. She/he will have an outstanding track record and reputation for being proactive, assertive and detail oriented. An ideal background will include:
- Typically 10 years of related work experience.
- Well organized, flexible with the ability to work under pressure.
- Expert knowledge of computer software (Microsoft office suite).
- Excellent phone etiquette.
- Discrete, confidential and able to make sound judgement.
- Work independently and accurately.
- Mentors peers and colleagues.
- Possess fundamental presentations skills.
- Possess a high degree of skill in disseminating information.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects.
- Able to understand department specific technical information.
- Able to seek outside resources as needed.
- Able to interface with high-level internal and external contacts.
- Establish professional relationships as a means to achieve business results.
- Influence others positively to implement change.
- Awareness of manager’s goals as well as department goals and objectives.
- Demonstrate basic understanding of product development process.
- Business acumen.
- Able to prioritize and track department wide activities.
- Certified Administration Professional designation preferred.
- Business travel of approximately 10 or less percent yearly is expected for this position.
- Associate degree or global equivalent in a related field preferred.
More About Working at CA:
CA has earned scores of global Workplace Excellence awards in the last few years – and there’s a reason for that. Here you’ll have the opportunity to explore flexible work arrangements, partner with our impressive customer set, and enjoy a competitive compensation package –all while pushing the boundaries of what’s “possible” by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short? CA’s fun, diverse, fast-paced culture have put us on the map as one of the best employers in IT. For more information, visit www.CA.com/careers.
A Great CA Employee:
- Takes smart risks
- Exhibits courage
- Is a “driver”
- Navigates ambiguity
- Embraces diversity
- Communicates openly
- Doesn’t take themselves too seriously
- Likes to laugh
- Loves a good challenge
- Is resilient when faced with setbacks
- Teams well with others
- Insists on quality results
- Is forward-thinking
- Adapts easily to change
- Solves problems creatively
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong.
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Back to top