Engineering Services Architect - SWAT Team
CA Technologies provides IT management solutions that help customers manage and secure complex IT environments to support agile business services. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and innovation while supporting and developing our talented workforce. CA Technologies empowers its employees to drive success for both the business and themselves.
As an Engineering Services Architect, you will be part of our SWAT team responsible for on-site and remote assistance to customers (product extension development, customer escalations etc.) and CA’s field teams, front ending or supplementing engineering, support, product management or services. Support and help with beta programs. Typically work closely with other senior engineering services personnel in addition to management inside and outside of Engineering Services. You should be improving your knowledge within important family of products CA Application Performance Management (Video).
- Foster key ‘Customer Relationships’ with household name clients and partners to create CA Reference clients.
- Consult with key clients on technology strategies with a Brand area.
- Provide on-site and remote assistance to the beta programs for the assigned products. Objective is to verify product quality and functionality and secure references for product launch.
- When requested by support management, provide on-site and remote assistance for the assigned products globaly. Representing development when on-site assistance is required.
- Provide feedback to the product brand to assist with product, development, marketing and quality of the solutions (Released & Beta).
- Provide feedback to product management on customer requirements for future product updates.
- Provide on-site and/or remote technical expertise sales opportunities.
- Create demonstrations of CA solutions for CA and Partner sales organizations.
- Support our Pre/Post Sales teams as they present and deploy our solutions at client and partner sites.
- Bachelor’s Degree or global equivalent in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Typically 7 (5+ with master degree) or more years of experience in software development .
- Willingness to work with customers, sales personnel and customer service.
- Demonstrate knowlege of Java/J2EE technologies
- Ability to learn product and solution implementation and architecture. Ability to learn one primary product and become a Subject Matter Expert within the Business Unit.
- Knowledge of how the various pre and post sales teams operate in order to progress issues rapidly
- Technical skills to design, implement, debug and verify a product or solution implementation
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies
- Willingness to travel up to 30%
- Ability to multi-task
- Basic presentation skills
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employee. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top