Engineering Services Architect
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
Come innovate with us!
As a senior member of the Engineering Services (SWAT) development team, you work with sales, professional services, partners and clients to discover prospect and client requirements to find gaps in capability. With your team members you architect, design, review code, write unit tests for and document components that add to our modular architecture, and are responsible for writing and extending use cases for use by the core team and product management.
Our Engineering Services team is responsible for closing the gap between what our products can do and what the customer needs to accomplish. As such we often are called upon to speak and present to customers, prospects, and partners, sometimes on-site with customers.
We serve as a field-facing liaison group between customers and the engineering teams.
CA Technologies is a Fortune 1000 company with a startup mentality – and we’re searching for incredible, bright talent to dominate in the marketplace. Sure, CA has been a leading software company for four decades, with a global customer base that includes the majority of the Fortune 2000 – but what excites us today is the opportunity to redefine the future of our industry in the age of the cloud, mobile, social and big data. We have a daring vision and a powerful, expanding solution set that helps the world’s most successful companies realize their boldest objectives. For more information, visit http://www.ca.com/us/why-ca/innovation.html?intcmp=headernav
About the Role:
In this role, you’ll help support CA Technologies charter to transform the IT industry and:
- Communicate clearly and effectively with customers, internal staff, and business partners to establish requirements and solve challenges.
- Foster key customer relationships with household name clients and partners to create CA Reference clients.
- Consult with key clients on technology strategies
- Provide on-site and remote assistance for the assigned products, and representing development and support when on-site assistance is required.
- Mentor team members on code, architecture and communication
- Train new staff on our architecture, and participate in hiring and bringing on new staff
- Create written material communicating architecture, design and implementation plans for given features and subsystems.
- Develop secure, high performance and high quality software for our service oriented mediation, security and management platform.
How you’ll Stand Out:
- Very effective written and oral communication skills
- Skills in analysis in new and unfamiliar environments
- Ability to present technical and business level communication
- Proven skills in developing functional requirements, specifications and software based on client business requirements
- Strong skills in synthesizing customers’ implementations into practical troubleshooting and solution identification
- Senior level coding skills
- 5+ years’ experience in Java and 7+ years in software development
- Openness to roughly 30% travel
Additional desired skills:
- Expertise in API creation and management
- CA API Management (Layer 7) Policy Authoring experience
- Mobile app development
- Mobile app security
- Direct API Security experience
- Good familiarity and exposure with devops
Also valued skills:
- Low level networking experience (tcpdump, etc.)
- Unix (preferably Linux) -based operating system experience
- Cryptography: PKI / XML DSig / SSL / SSH
Additional consideration would be given to candidates who have:
- JSON, JWT, JWT, OAuth, OpenID Connect experience
- Knowledge of security in a Java environment
- JSP/Web UI development experience
- Microsoft WCF/WIF/.NET with Security development experience
- Web services, SOAP, WSDL, XML Schema, and XML Namespaces
- Deep knowledge of query languages, Regex
More About Working at CA:
CA has earned scores of global Workplace Excellence awards in the last few years – and there’s a reason for that. Here you’ll have the opportunity to explore flexible work arrangements, partner with our impressive customer set, and enjoy a competitive compensation package –all while pushing the boundaries of what’s “possible” by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short? CA’s fun, diverse, fast-paced culture have put us on the map as one of the best employers in IT. For more information, visit www.CA.com/careers.
A Great CA Employee:
- Takes smart risks
- Exhibits courage
- Is a “driver”
- Navigates ambiguity
- Embraces diversity
- Communicates openly
- Doesn’t take themselves too seriously
- Likes to laugh
- Loves a good challenge
- Is resilient when faced with setbacks
- Teams well with others
- Insists on quality results
- Is forward-thinking
- Adapts easily to change
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employee. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top