Engineering Project Manager
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
Are you an experienced Project Manager who has worked with agile engineering teams? Do you enjoy working directly with developers and customers to plan and organize work? Do you want to have a measurable impact on a $1B product portfolio?
Want to work in a fast paced, engineering environment that is focused on eliminating barriers for our customers?
We are hiring for our Lifecycle Management Team that is focused on dramatically increasing the value our customers realize from their existing investments. Ensuring our customers are using the latest release, capabilities and features of our products will ensure our competitiveness, renewals rates, and financial measures while reducing customer attrition. Our goal is to ensure our products are easily upgradable with minimal services, issues and complexity so that our customers realize the increasing value of our solutions through full adoption.
This team is in Santa Clara and we believe in a highly collaborative and engaging work environment so all positions will be co-located in this office. While we offer competitive flexible working programs, we believe in the power and innovation of teams that work together each day.
Given our broad portfolio of solutions, we are looking project managers who ideally have worked in the following industry domains:
- Infrastructure Management / IT Operations
- API Management and Security
- Project and Portfolio Management
- Network Management
- Identity and Access Management / Single Sign On
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery / Release Automation
While we value experience in these areas, we are always more focused on finding individuals who want to learn and develop their careers, who will fit our exciting culture and DNA and willing to take the next step in their journey. All experience levels are welcome to apply and we pride ourselves on our internal training and development – attitude and willingness to learn is what we look for in all positions.
This position is responsible for ensuring the projects are completed within their defined scope and meet all quality, time and cost constraints. This role will engage directly with engineering project teams and customers throughout the validation process – it is the central point of coordination for our development efforts.
- Manage the definition to the project scope and project deliverables to ensure they are aligned with the project charter and initiative goals.
- Manage any changes to project scope, schedule and costs using standard tools to ensure that the plan and schedule remain accurate and that the changes approved by the authorized personnel.
- Communicate, communicate and communicate – responsible for ensuring all updates are shared and understood across the team and stakeholders.
- Monitor, control and manage all areas of a project plan or project phase.
- Track and measure project performance using appropriate tools – CA Agile Central (formerly known as Rally) and CA PPM (formerly known as Clarity)
- Monitor project progress and identify and quantify any schedule variances, taking appropriate corrective actions, and communicate to all stakeholders.
- Any plan revisions reflected in appropriate tools.
- Communicate Plan changes to stakeholders and team members
- Maintain administrative actions such as date entry updates, document control, billing and status reporting in accordance with established tool usage and practice.
- Execute all assigned project tasks.
- Ensure work effort generates desired deliverables on time, within budget and at required performance levels.
- Ensure that the project meets the project scope, on time and on budget at acceptable quality levels.
- Manage resources as part of the cross-functional team that is required to complete a project.
- Facilitate team meetings effectively.
- Coordinate customer engagements for product validation and upgrade testing.
- Keep project team members informed of changes.
- Identify needed resources.
- Manage any outside vendor and/or outsourced resources.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change.
Open to all experience levels and ideal candidate will bring a desire to learn and grow in the roles. Both experienced and entry level applicants are encouraged to apply.
Skills & Competencies
- Wide-range of experience, using professional and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Contribute to moderately complex aspects of a project.
- Collaborative skills and the ability to work independently are necessary.
- Strong competence with various tools, procedures, programming languages used to accomplish the project.
- Excellent planning/organizational skills and techniques.
- Excellent analysis and problem solving skills.
- Excellent decision making skills.
- Excellent negotiating skills.
- Excellent conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent and superior communication skills.
- Project Management Certification (PMP) or global equivalent (i.e. PRINCE2) is desired and CA Technologies provides internal training and development opportunities to complete these accreditations.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top