Engineering Portfolio Program Manager - - Site Strategy
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
Your future starts here!
As a Principal Portfolio Program Mgr – Site Strategy you will be responsible for creating, maintaining, and reporting on a plan for moving roles between global CA offices and the associated knowledge transfer plans. You will report to the Prague Technology Centre Site Lead and communicate with business unit SVPs, hiring managers, and the Talent Acquisition team. You will also look for opportunities to continually improve the plan.
CA Technologies is a Fortune 1000 company with a startup mentality – and we’re searching for incredible, bright talent to dominate in the marketplace. Sure, CA has been a leading software company for nearly four decades, with a global customer base that includes the majority of the Fortune 2000 – but what excites us today is the opportunity to redefine the future of our industry in the age of the cloud, mobile, social and big data. We have a daring vision and a powerful, expanding solution set that helps the world’s most successful companies realize their boldest objectives. For more information, visit www.CA.com/innovation.
About the Principal Portfolio Program Mgr – Site Strategy:
- Reporting to the Prague Technology Centre Site Lead
- Discuss plans for moving roles between global CA offices with each of the business unit SVPs and then aggregate these into an overall plan.
- Regularly review, update, generate reports on, and communicate progress against the plan with business unit SVPs, Prague managers, Site Lead, and Talent Acquisition.
- Regularly analyse the plan to determine whether or not it is achievable and identify areas for improvement.
- Work with all teams transitioning roles between locations to ensure they have an adequate knowledge transfer plan in place and leverage experience across teams.
- Track and report on progress against knowledge transition plans.
- Create and maintain a mapping of products to engineers working on them. Overlay planned role relocations and review regularly to ensure we are collocating the right roles.
- Potential to assist with defining and executing the brand building and marketing strategy for CA in Prague to support talent retention and attraction.
How You’ll Stand Out:
The perfect candidate for this role will have a broad range of program management, business management, and leadership skills as well as excellent communication, presentation, written, and interpersonal skills needed to influence stakeholders and manage virtual team members.
An ideal background will include:
- Typically 7 or more years of relevant professional experience.
- Proven ability to manage business programs across global centers.
- Excellent quantitative analysis skills and attention to detail.
- Experience generating reports and presenting the results to stakeholders at different levels.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Expertise in research methods and process improvement, experience using interactive web-based systems, and the ability to work with a technical and service-oriented team of professionals are required.
- Experience with creating and/or executing marketing strategy, especially on social media would be nice to have, but is not essential for the role.
More About Working at CA:
CA has earned scores of global Workplace Excellence awards in the last few years – and there’s a reason for that. Here you’ll have the opportunity to explore flexible work arrangements, partner with our impressive customer set, and enjoy a competitive compensation package –all while pushing the boundaries of what’s “possible” by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short? CA’s fun, diverse, fast-paced culture have put us on the map as one of the best employers in IT. For more information, visit www.CA.com/careers.
A Great CA Employee:
- Takes smart risks
- Exhibits courage
- Is a “driver”
- Navigates ambiguity
- Embraces diversity
- Communicates openly
- Doesn’t take themselves too seriously
- Likes to laugh
- Loves a good challenge
- Is resilient when faced with setbacks
- Teams well with others
- Insists on quality results
- Is forward-thinking
- Adapts easily to change
- Solves problems creatively
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employee. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top