Employee Relations Consultant
CA Technologies provides IT management solutions that help customers manage and secure complex IT environments to support agile business services. Organizations of all sizes leverage CA Technologies software and SaaS solutions to accelerate innovation, transform infrastructure and secure data and identities, from the data center to the cloud.
Your future starts here!
As an Employee Relations Consultant you will be responsible to actively provide support and consulting to the business and/or Human Resources in the areas of Employee Relations (ER), Performance Management, and Policy administration and interpretation. Focus is on resolving ER issues including performance and behavioral concerns, as well as conducting workplace investigations. Will provide coaching and guidance to Human Resources Business Partners and Generalists on ER issues and concerns. Implement strategic and tactical ER initiatives aligned to business and HR objectives.
CA Technologies is a Fortune 1000 company with a startup mentality – and we’re searching for incredible, bright talent to dominate in the marketplace. Sure, CA has been a leading software company for nearly four decades, with a global customer base that includes the majority of the Fortune 2000 – but what excites us today is the opportunity to redefine the future of our industry in the age of the cloud, mobile, social and big data. We have a daring vision and a powerful, expanding solution set that helps the world’s most successful companies realize their boldest objectives. For more information, visit http://www.ca.com/us/why-ca/innovation.html?intcmp=headernav
About the Role
In this role, you’ll help support CA Technologies charter to transform the IT industry by:
- Guiding managers on all phases of progressive performance management, with an emphasis on consistency across areas and organizations.
- Advising managers on resolutions to employee issues, including performance and behavioral concerns.
- Reviewing, editing, and approving formal documentation in response to employee relations issues.
- Conducting standard investigations related to employee complaints of misconduct, mistreatment, harassment and hostile workplace, ensuring that our DNA Principles are upheld.
- Reviewing ER related documentation from HRBP community prior to filing and act as a resource for common ER related questions.
- Working with immediate manager to recommend corrective action appropriate to the findings of investigations. May need some guidance on corrective action for non-standard ER situations
- Capturing, tracking and analyzing data related to ER cases in order to evaluate the state of the business and workforce, and identify possible challenges within the employee population.
- Developing an effective level of business literacy about the business’ financial position, plans, culture and competition.
- Creating training materials and resources to increase the ER related skills of managers and the HR community.
- Conducting training and presentations as needed.
- Recommending and implement improved processes and procedures for ER programs.
- Assisting in the development of HR policies in order to satisfy legal requirements, cost containments, and work environments consistent with CA’s DNA principles.
- Collaborating with Human Resources Business Partners and COEs to ensure understanding and effective delivery of ER Programs and initiatives within the region.
- Partnering with the Business Practices and Compliance team to conduct investigations and recommend corrective action.
- Promoting business ethics and DNA Principles in all efforts. Ensure compliance with employment regulations and guidelines.
How You’ll Stand Out:
The perfect candidate for this role will have a demonstrated record of success in positions of increasing responsibility over the course of their career. She/he will have an outstanding track record and reputation for being proactive, assertive and detail oriented. An ideal background will include:
- Bachelor’s Degree or global equivalent, preferably in Human Resources, business, or a related field.
- Typically 2 or more years of experience in Human Resources with an emphasis on Employee Relations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience handling multiple projects simultaneously, and working in an environment which requires flexibility, innovation, superb customer service skills, and organization.
- Experience in delivering effective presentations and training material to a variety of audiences.
- Solid understanding of employment regulations and ability to translate policies to action. Ability to coach and guide leaders at all levels of the organization.
- Business travel of approximately 10 or less percent yearly is expected for this position.
More About Working at CA:
CA has earned scores of global Workplace Excellence awards in the last few years – and there’s a reason for that. Here you’ll have the opportunity to explore flexible work arrangements, partner with our impressive customer set, and enjoy a competitive compensation package –all while pushing the boundaries of what’s “possible” by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short? CA’s fun, diverse, fast-paced culture have put us on the map as one of the best employers in IT. For more information, visit www.CA.com/careers.
A Great CA Employee:
- Takes smart risks
- Exhibits courage
- Is a “driver”
- Navigates ambiguity
- Embraces diversity
- Communicates openly
- Doesn’t take themselves too seriously
- Likes to laugh
- Loves a good challenge
- Is resilient when faced with setbacks
- Teams well with others
- Insists on quality results
- Is forward-thinking
- Adapts easily to change
- Solves problems creatively
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong.
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Back to top