Employee Onboarding Program Manager
CA Technologies provides IT management solutions that help customers manage and secure complex IT environments to support agile business services. Organizations of all sizes leverage CA Technologies software and SaaS solutions to accelerate innovation, transform infrastructure and secure data and identities, from the data center to the cloud.
Your future starts here!
The Global Employee Onboarding Program Manager is accountable for leading the design, development, and implementation of all corporate new employee programs. This position is also responsible for providing support for a wide range of talent development initiatives that further drive the employee development lifecycle at CA.
CA Technologies is a Fortune 1000 company with a startup mentality – and we’re searching for incredible, bright talent to dominate in the marketplace. Sure, CA has been a leading software company for nearly four decades, with a global customer base that includes the majority of the Fortune 2000 – but what excites us today is the opportunity to redefine the future of our industry in the age of the cloud, mobile, social and big data. We have a daring vision and a powerful, expanding solution set that helps the world’s most successful companies realize their boldest objectives. For more information, visit http://www.ca.com/us/why-ca/innovation.html?intcmp=headernav
About the Role
In this role, you’ll help support CA Technologies charter to transform the IT industry. You will be responsible to:
- Be the face of CA Technologies to both new employees and their managers, delivering an amazing, engaging and consistent new employee experience.
- Design, develop and execute creative and innovative content aligned to CA’s mission to drive successful onboarding of newly hired and/or acquired employees.
- Lead, deliver and coordinate live bi-weekly new employee orientation sessions via both in-person and virtual classroom settings.
- Act as local contact for new employees in the Islandia, NY office on bi-weekly start dates which includes employee welcome, completion of employee paperwork and on-site office tour.
- Liaise with HR community to coordinate new employee starts within local offices in the Americas region.
- Work with lead HR Business Partners to ensure successful onboarding of Executive level hires, including creation of Executive hire binders.
- Manage and regularly update the technical platforms where Onboarding Materials are housed for access by new employees, i.e., Roadmap, new employee Sharepoint site and Success Factors Onboarding tool.
- Ensure all onboarding content (i.e., employee documents, New Employee Orientation, etc.) are up to date and reflects CA’s Mission and DNA. Liaise with global partners within the HR community to drive consistency in approach.
- Drive the communication strategy for all new employees and their management teams within the first year at CA to ensure a successful transition.
- Navigate CA Technologies and recommend improvements to enhance the new employee experience.
- Work with internal stakeholders to create and deliver onboarding roadmap and content/curriculum for all new and acquisition employees.
- Design, manage and analyze onboarding surveys to evaluate program success and implement enhancements for continuous improvement and effectiveness of the new employee experience.
- Provide research, design, development, analysis and implementation support for key Talent Development initiatives in the Americas, including: Performance Management, 360 Feedback, Assessments, Reporting, Employee, Management and Leadership Development programs and Employee survey feedback.
How You’ll Stand Out:
The perfect candidate for this role will have a demonstrated record of success in positions of increasing responsibility over the course of their career. She/he will have an outstanding track record and reputation for being proactive, assertive and detail oriented. An ideal background will include:
- Bachelor’s Degree or global equivalent in Business Administration, Industrial Psychology, Organization/Talent Development, Human Resources or a related advanced degree program.
- 3 years of Human Resource experience; experience with Organization/Talent Development, customer service, facilitation, data analysis and program management.
- Business travel of approximately 10 or less percent yearly is expected for this position.
Skills & Competencies
- Basic knowledge of, and ability to apply, talent development/OD/HR theory, principles and practices in the following areas:
- Training design, development and delivery
- Survey design, development and analysis
- Basic skill in:
- Research and data analysis
- Application of MS Office Suite
- Key Personal/interpersonal skills, beyond DNA and Principles:
- Adaptability and flexibility to meet changing demands and requirements
- Working cooperatively
- High degree of conscientiousness, flexibility and organizational skills
More About Working at CA:
CA has earned scores of global Workplace Excellence awards in the last few years – and there’s a reason for that. Here you’ll have the opportunity to explore flexible work arrangements, partner with our impressive customer set, and enjoy a competitive compensation package –all while pushing the boundaries of what’s “possible” by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short? CA’s fun, diverse, fast-paced culture have put us on the map as one of the best employers in IT. For more information, visit www.CA.com/careers.
A Great CA Employee:
- Takes smart risks
- Exhibits courage
- Is a “driver”
- Navigates ambiguity
- Embraces diversity
- Communicates openly
- Doesn’t take themselves too seriously
- Likes to laugh
- Loves a good challenge
- Is resilient when faced with setbacks
- Teams well with others
- Insists on quality results
- Is forward-thinking
- Adapts easily to change
- Solves problems creatively
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Our Islandia, NY campus offers several amenities, including:
- Gourmet cafeteria with wide selection of cuisine
- Montessori Child Development Center for children up to the age of six
- Banking services
- Fitness Center (state of the art facility complete with indoor full court basketball, indoor racquetball courts, cardio studio, outside running track, soccer fields, tennis courts)
- Concierge services (dry cleaning, package shipping, stamps and movie rentals)
- On-site chiropractor
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
To learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity, we welcome you to visit our web site at www.ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Back to top