Education Account Manager
CA Technologies provides IT management solutions that help customers manage and secure complex IT environments to support agile business services. Organizations of all sizes leverage CA Technologies software and SaaS solutions to accelerate innovation, transform infrastructure and secure data and identities, from the data center to the cloud.
Education Account Manager
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Your future starts here!
As an Education Account Manager, you will be responsible to successfully support Commercial and/or Enterprise accounts by gaining a thorough understanding of the client’s business and industry needs and IT initiatives, identify gaps that our products can solve, present compelling business value propositions, and ultimately work with Partners, Account Managers/Account Directors and Pre-Sales Engineering team to close the deal.
About the Education Account Manager:
In this role, you’ll help support CA Technologies charter to transform the IT industry by:
- Work on managing a specific high volume territory where you will cultivate leads, drive demand, manage opportunities in all account sizes in your territory while working with Partners to grow new product bookings and maintain current base by converting maintenance via the phone.
- Work closely with assigned Account Managers/Account Directors and the Pre-Sales Engineering team to initiate one-on-one conversations and demonstrations with prospects, while positively representing CA in Enterprise Accounts for larger opportunities.
- Support company growth by meeting or exceeding revenue quota goals on monthly, quarterly, and yearly basis.
- Demonstrate ability to cross and up-sell.
- Establish accurate plans and forecasts, prioritize efforts, generate short term results and hold a long-term perspective to maximize overall company growth.
- Sustain a minimum 90% accuracy in all aspects of forecasting prospective customers.
- Maintain a consistent ability to identify the customer’s decision-making process including the technical, business and financial influencers.
- Drive demand through focused e-mail and phone campaigns, webcasts, social media venues, and other demand generation activities.
- Cultivate leads by assessing the opportunity, communicating the value propositions for the customer, and following up in a timely manner.
- Understand and work in all aspects of the sales cycle including: prospecting, qualifying, presenting, leading demonstrations with your Account Manager/Account Director, and working with the Account Manager/Account Director to close the business from lead to close.
- Build and maintain relationships with key executives and decision makers.
- Maintain a positive curiosity and can-do attitude.
- Demonstrate thought leadership with customers and stay apprised of the industry trends by contributing to social media sites (i.e. Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.).
- Demonstrate knowledge & adherence of the CA Code of Ethics & Compliance requirements.
- Demonstrate effective relationships’ with CA’s internal and external partners.
- Consistently do it right and get the job done.
- Minimize completive loss.
- Demonstrate leadership through teamwork and positive attitude.
How You’ll Stand Out:
The perfect candidate for this role will have a demonstrated record of success in positions of increasing responsibility over the course of their career. She/he will have an outstanding track record and reputation for successfully building and maintaining professional relationships and above all, they will be driven and motivated to drive sales and contribute towards CA’s continued success. An ideal background will include:
- 2-5 years of experience with business, outside sales or inside sales, with some knowledge of technology in managing and growing mid-sized company accounts with Education sales being a big olus
- Requires knowledge of Salesforce.com and Microsoft Office skills.
- Must be proactive, friendly and well-spoken.
- Demonstrate effective time management and organization skills.
- Possess a natural ability to network and build lasting business relationships.
- Display excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-starter with a can-do attitude.
- Have an in-depth knowledge of the industry and relevant marketplace; can speak with authority on industry trends, competitive practice, issues, etc.
More About Working at CA:
CA has earned scores of global Workplace Excellence awards in the last few years – and there’s a reason for that. Here you’ll have the opportunity to explore flexible work arrangements, partner with our impressive customer set, and enjoy a competitive compensation package –all while pushing the boundaries of what’s “possible” by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short? CA’s fun, diverse, fast-paced culture have put us on the map as one of the best employers in IT.
A Great CA Employee:
- Takes smart risks
- Exhibits courage
- Is a “driver”
- Navigates ambiguity
- Embraces diversity
- Communicates openly
- Doesn’t take themselves too seriously
- Likes to laugh
- Loves a good challenge
- Is resilient when faced with setbacks
- Teams well with others
- Insists on quality results
- Is forward-thinking
- Adapts easily to change
- Solves problems creatively
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong.
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Back to top