Distinguished Engineer (CA)
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It's our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
Chief Architect/Executive Leader Wanted!
In this key leadership role, you will have the opportunity to innovate and drive CA's architectural technology strategy across our business units as we position ourselves to dominate in the marketplace. Developing the next generation DevOps, Security, and the Management Cloud products and solutions - we continue to define and drive the technology of the application economy in the unwired enterprise.
As the Chief Architect, your ability to clearly, envision, define, rationalize, and articulate CA technologies architectural roadmap will help drive the company's differentiation to achieve success. You will work closely with the BU level enterprise architects on the overall product architecture for key components of the stack, participate in M&A due diligence, actively engage with the Architectural Council and, act as an outbound spokesperson for your technology area and CA.
What You'll Do
- Lead cross BU functional architecture research, design and implementation of core components and building blocks, tools & methodologies
- Promote, manage and periodically enforce adoption of such common practices, blueprints and components in a dynamic and challenging environment
- Pursue knowledge and practice sharing across the various BUs, the architecture teams, and ongoing education, nurture learning, evangelize uptake of new technologies/patterns, and on-going optimization
- Work with partners, strategic customers and BUs' lead architects and PMs on identification of modern trends, strategic alignment and receptive planning
- Be their 'go to person' for anything pertaining to innovation and modernization, as reflected in technology and architecture being modeled, evaluated and potentially adopted and pursued
- Be prepared to discuss architecture, market trends, product offering and roadmaps with strategic customers, analysts and partners, as well as represent CA Tech in/at professional conferences
Requirements for Success
- Proven ability to operate at scale within a large global Software Engineering organization, and working across business units to drive, and close, strategic cross-functional initiatives
- 5 years or more of hands on experience in accelerated and automated application development, application delivery, continuous integration and service automation
- Experience with frameworks and tools to ease, simplify and accelerate development, as well as Agile and SAFe methodologies is mandatory
- Experience with API based development and management, extension to mobile and modern IOT stacks are an advantage
- 10-15 years' experience in software development, preferably in a large software company environment, while writing code in core languages as c/c+ or, Java, experience in Ruby or Payton considered a plus
- 5-10 years of experience in leadership positions (team lead or higher) or alternatively in senior tech positions as architect
- 5 years hands on proven experience in Cloud technologies is mandatory (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS)
- 2-3 years hands on proven experience with core virtualization stack from OS kernel to hypervisor to containers
- 2-3 years' experience in a service oriented software offering (SaaS) is a plus
- Master's level degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Sciences preferred; post graduate degree in sciences, math or engineering considered a significant advantage
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong.
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you'll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate's race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Nearest Major Market: San Jose
Nearest Secondary Market: Palo Alto
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top