Director, Software Engineering (CA)
="font-family:Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;">CA Technologies is a global leader in software solutions enabling customers to plan, develop, manage and secure applications and enterprise environments across distributed, cloud, mobile and mainframe platforms. Most of the Global Fortune 500, as well as many government agencies around the world, rely on CA to help manage their increasingly dynamic and complex environments. In every industry, we see customers transforming their businesses to better manage the market demands for speed, exceptional customer experience and rich analytics. Their journey, which is broadly referred to as digital transformation, is fueled by software. The proliferation of mobile devices and the expectation of seamless connectivity has driven users to demand highly secure, frictionless user experiences via software applications, we refer to this market shift as the "Application Economy" and it is profoundly changing the way businesses provide services to customers and build software. Around the world, these trends are placing software at the heart of every business, driving companies in every industry vertical to invest in the creation of in-house software development teams to build out new business models, enhance their digital presence and support their on-going relationships with customers.
Business Unit Details:
Agile Operations is the key engine in CA technologies to help customers embrace their Digital Transformation journeys. This is an exciting and fast evolving engineering group within CA technologies which uses the Digital Transformation narrative to engage customers on their own terms and we align on their digital strategy and help them elaborate a program of change. Know more about us http://cainc.to/AgileOps
This position is responsible for leading the Quality Assurance effort for the entire suite of products under Agile Operations Business Unit. In this position one would work with QA managers to define the strategy for quality, establish procedures and quality standards to stream line across the products and to monitor them against the agreed targets. The position is responsible for ensuring the consistent delivery of high-quality, scalable, innovative software to customers within the agile environment.
As Director of QA, you work closely with Engineering Teams and Product Management to drive the right behaviors on quality into our processes from the beginning. You will be responsible for Quality Engineering craftsmanship and best practices throughout the organization, drive improvements as necessary, and most importantly, grow and mentor other managers and engineers to be just as awesome as you are. You will be one who will ascertain industry best practices to identify new and/or unique platform technology to significantly improve efficiency in QA operations and testing, as well as programs to differentiate Agile Operations business unit in the marketplace and continually delight our customers. You will also be responsible for leading, mentoring and growing Software Engineers, Quality Engineers, and building highly-effective Software Engineering teams within an Agile environment.
Lead a team highly motivated automated testers to architect test approach, test design and develop automated tests with wide array of product challenges and meet business needs.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to deliver the product releases on-time with World class quality, performance and user experience.
- Ability to help and resolve team impediments so that team is always highly productive
- Collaborate with cross functional global team with effective communication skills
- Ability to come up with innovative ideas to improve product capabilities and quality
- Mentor and coach other team members improving overall technical and domain capabilities
- Coordinate in leading projects and driving them to successful completion
- Bachelor's Degree or global equivalent in an IT or a business related filed
- Minimum 10+ years of experience of creating automation test suites/ framework
- Minimum 2 years' experience as a Director in an Agile environment
- Demonstrate the use of strong interpersonal and social skills in individual and group settings
- Direct product development, QA and Documentation teams to ensure process efficiency, effective resource allocation, product quality, and achievement of milestones and deadlines.
- Identify and track metrics that can be used to ensure quality objectives are met and recommend process improvements.
- Work with Product Management, Architects to understand and plan for future release requirements and product roadmap.
- Meet with customers and field to discuss their technical issues, escalations and requirements.
- Determine and recommend methods to streamline and improve development processes and procedures.
- Perform resource allocation including budget/billing for resources and hardware.
- Must have Scrum Master experience and a certified Scrum Master
- Desirable to have experience with Rally/ Agile Central
- Strong experience in scripting using SPOC, Groovy, python, Perl and selenium
- Must have worked on integrating test suites with CI systems
- Ability to follow Corporate Metrics (Collected from Rally and Support Site) and co-ordinate cross-functional Release sync up meetings
- Support early and continuous validation of features and stories with customers, analysts and CA's customer facing teams
- Experience in Agile Software Development (Scrum and Kanban) & Experience in testing IT Monitoring applications preferred
- Experience of participating in industry standard bodies related to Software Testing and IT Management preferred
- Exceptional defect analysis and triaging skills.
- Ability to develop utilities, tools to fulfill day to day testing team needs.
- Strong working knowledge of Server Operating Systems (Linux/Unix and Windows), Networking concepts and Databases.
- Hands-on scripting using DOS, Unix Shell, Perl or any other.
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you'll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employee. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top