Director, Services Delivery
CA Technologies provides IT management solutions that help customers manage and secure complex IT environments to support agile business services. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and innovation while supporting and developing our talented workforce. CA Technologies empowers its employees to drive success for both the business and themselves.
Director, Services Delivery – Greater Toronto or Montreal marketReady to do the best work of your life?
This Director, Services Delivery is responsible for contributing to the business growth of CA by managing an expanding services business within an assigned territory with respect to both increased new services and education bookings and timely, effective delivery of services contracts resulting in a profitable services business.
- Ability to lead and manage teams of Project Managers, Consultants and Architects responsible for implementing products as a single Business Unit multi-product solution and/or a cross Business Unit multi-product integrated solution within the client environment thru utilizing CA Services Best Practices.
- Meet or exceed customer expectations by ensuring team members accurately scope, assess and deliver solutions that address the client’s business requirements within the “Scope of Work” agreed to by CA and the Customer.
- Create and execute a growth plan including a strategy to build, manage, and burn the backlog in order to attain revenue goals, as well as continued attachment of professional services to new product contracts and organic growth of the services run rate business within the existing local customer base in order to attain bookings goals.
- Partner collaboratively with CA counterparts in Sales, Technical Sales, and Support to ensure accurate gathering of customer expectations during the sales opportunity and effective delivery of accurately scoped engagements that meet client expectations.
- Actively participate in the sales account planning and pipeline management planning activities to assist in identifying new and follow up Services and Education opportunities.
- Interact with staff, customer and other CA departments as necessary to escalate implementation issues, with the purpose of timely and effective resolution.
- Engage with Resource Management team to ensure appropriate and consistent assignment of each direct report, enabling each to obtain Billable Utilization targets.
- Ensure all direct reports adhere to the Time and Expense Policy as posted on QMS. Ensure each direct report responsible for time approval reviews each entry for accuracy, then approves in a timely fashion.
- Ensure all direct reports adhere to CA Policies of Code of Conduct/Ethics, Security and any required training available at LMS.
- Develop and mentor staff by guiding their learning in conjunction with the strategy and direction of the CA product and services businesses.
- If you become or are a SharePoint Site Owner/Hierarchy Manager you must:
- Read, understand and execute the current CA Services Knowledge Management Operating Principles.
- Nurture and Cultivate your Site(s) to overcome the barriers of time, size, affiliation and culture through four key activities.
- a. Achieve stakeholder alignment.
- b. Create a structure that promotes both local variations and global connections while avoiding hierarchical limitations.
- c. Build a rhythm strong enough to maintain site visibility
- d. Develop systematic networking of the site.
- Function as the Level 1 Support for Site Members.
- Typically 10 or more years of work experience as an IT professional are required for this position.
- Must be educated in Information Technology and prefer a minimum of 5 years experience at an IT professional services organization.
- Prior employee management experience is required.
- Strong business knowledge is required to properly communicate with team members and customers on behalf of CA.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply sound judgment to any situation and negotiate the best outcome for all involved parties.
- Mentor and manage individuals in a positive and constructive manner, contributing to their overall growth.
- Demonstrate understanding of the complexity of software implementations as a result of previous personal experience and apply past experience in assisting current team in achieving their objectives.
- Previous experience developing and executing a business plan.
More About Working at CA:
CA has earned scores of global Workplace Excellence awards in the last few years – and there’s a reason for that. Here you’ll have the opportunity to explore flexible work arrangements, partner with our impressive customer set, and enjoy a competitive compensation package –all while pushing the boundaries of what’s “possible” by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short? CA’s fun, diverse, fast-paced culture have put us on the map as one of the best employers in IT. For more information, visit www.CA.com/careers.
A Great CA Employee:
- Takes smart risks
- Exhibits courage
- Is a “driver”
- Navigates ambiguity
- Embraces diversity
- Communicates openly
- Doesn’t take themselves too seriously
- Likes to laugh
- Loves a good challenge
- Is resilient when faced with setbacks
- Teams well with others
- Insists on quality results
- Is forward-thinking
- Adapts easily to change
- Solves problems creatively
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employee. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Back to top