Director, Product Marketing
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It's our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
The Director, Product Marketing will plan and execute product marketing activities for CA Technologies Privileged Access Management product portfolio.
This individual will identify trends and emerging requirements in the marketplace. Based on that understanding and other market intelligence, the individual will define and gain consensus for product positioning and messaging that will effectively define CA products in the market and differentiate them from competitive offerings. In addition, the Director, Product Marketing will collaborate with the product management team to suggest new products, or enhancements to existing solutions. In conjunction with integrated, field, and corporate marketing, the Director, Product Marketing will define, articulate, and develop content and collateral to enable the execution of campaigns and programs that create demand within the market. He or she will develop and deliver supporting sales enablement training and materials to help ensure the success of direct and partner sales teams.
This individual is expected to rely on their experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. They will, formally and informally, lead and direct the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Within authority, the individual will manage the product marketing budget for the product portfolio. The Director, Product Marketing is expected to assume a leadership role, internally and externally, as the voice of the product and act as its premier evangelist.
Key Responsibilities and ActivitiesMarket Intelligence, Analysis, and Messaging
- Perform market segmentation and targeting.
- Identify and articulate essential customer requirements
- Understand emerging technology trends and externalities (such as compliance mandates) driving the market and customer needs.
- Identify, characterize, and map the competitive landscape.
- Map the buyer's journey, including the definition and development of buyer personas and their content needs at discrete phases of the purchase lifecycle.
- Build the value proposition, positioning, and messaging for the products.
GTM, Sales, and Campaign Enablement
- Define overall product marketing and GTM strategy.
- Define campaigns and associated enablement BOMs, and coordinate with integrated and regional marketing teams to ensure execution.
- Coordinate the creation of campaign enablement content (such as white papers, infographics, brochures, copy blocks/social posts, web pages, video, case studies, etc.).
- Collaborate with sales and product management on the sales enablement plan, and coordinate enablement activities worldwide.
- Lead creation of sales enablement content for direct and indirect sales resources (such as quick reference guides, scripts, collateral, competitive comparison guides, presentations, training modules, and demos).
Product Launch and Evangelism
- Lead GTM and product launch planning and execution with integrated, regional, and corporate marketing; product management; and public/analyst relations.
- Engage with industry analysts and press, in conjunction with other members of the team, to influence CA's privileged access management solutions perception.
- Collaborate on social media plan to support product release and ongoing promotion.
- Develop customer case studies and testimonials for external/internal use.
- 15+ years of increasingly responsible B2B product marketing experience in high technology, enterprise software markets.
- In-depth knowledge of security, with an emphasis on identity and access management.
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in business or marketing.
- Superlative written, verbal, and visual communications skills.
- Willingness and ability to travel.
- Strong interpersonal and managerial skills enabling effective interactions with direct reports, peers, cross-functional team members, vendors, and prospects and customers.
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong.
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you'll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate's race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Nearest Major Market: San Jose
Nearest Secondary Market: Palo Alto
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top