Director, Product Management (CA)
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It's our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
CA Technologies is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Product Manager for Test Data Management (TDM) product. TDM is a fast growing product in CA's exciting DevOps Continuous Delivery portfolio. The product manager will set product strategy and roadmap, partner with Engineering for delivery, support Sales and Marketing for Go-to-Market activities, interface with customers and partners for adoption, and manage product owners.
CA Technologies is a Fortune 1000 company with a startup mentality – and we're searching for incredible, bright talent to dominate in the marketplace. Sure, CA has been a leading software company for nearly four decades, with a global customer base that includes the majority of the Fortune 2000 - but what excites us today is the opportunity to redefine the future of our industry in the age of the cloud, mobile, social and big data. We have a daring vision and a powerful, expanding solution set that helps the world's most successful companies realize their boldest objectives. For more information, visit www.CA.com/innovation.
- Responsible for product strategy and roadmap for core stakeholders and external consumption
- Be the lead proponent and evangelist for the product line with customers, partners, sales, marketing teams, and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Responsible for product design, quality, ease of use, pricing and packaging, and customer adoption
- Working with product owners, architect, UX designers and development teams to ensure the business, quality and feature goals are met for each release
- Contribute to positioning and interaction of the product within the business unit's portfolio and its integration with other CA products
- Inspiring and motivating the engineering teams to deliver innovative solutions with an appropriate sense of urgency
- Function as the primary SME (subject matter expert) on the product and its target market. Understand competitive landscape from strategy to functional capabilities
- Support Sales teams with sales enablement, key deals and customers support
- Provide input to product marketing for the messaging platform document
- Provide input to solution/product marketing for the go-to-market plan and supports the launch team
- Deep knowledge of the DevOps tool chain (Testing, Automation, Collaboration, Monitoring, etc…
- Deep knowledge of data management: data source types, data integration, data movement, cloning, masking
- Understanding of the Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, and Continuous Delivery market
- Strong understanding of Agile methodologies
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering, or MIS
- 8+ years of experience as a product owner or product manager
- Excellent soft skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Understand the challenges and nuances of enterprise software upgrades and migrations
- Proven SaaS delivery background
- Development background utilizing agile methodologies
- Experience managing people
- Working with global engineering teams
More About Working at CA:
CA has earned scores of global Workplace Excellence awards in the last few years – and there's a reason for that. Here you'll have the opportunity to explore flexible work arrangements, partner with our impressive customer set, and enjoy a competitive compensation package –all while pushing the boundaries of what's "possible" by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short? CA's fun, diverse, fast-paced culture have put us on the map as one of the best employers in IT. For more information, visit www.CA.com/careers.
A Great CA Employee:
- Takes smart risks
- Exhibits courage
- Is a "driver"
- Navigates ambiguity
- Embraces diversity
- Communicates openly
- Doesn't take themselves too seriously
- Likes to laugh
- Loves a good challenge
- Is resilient when faced with setbacks
- Teams well with others
- Insists on quality results
- Is forward-thinking
- Adapts easily to change
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong.
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you'll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate's race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Nearest Major Market: San Jose
Nearest Secondary Market: Palo Alto
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top