Director, Product Management (CA Agile Central)
CA Technologies creates software that fuels transformation for companies and enables them to seize the opportunities of the application economy. Software is at the heart of every business in every industry. From planning, to development, to management and security, CA is working with companies worldwide to change the way we live, transact, and communicate – across mobile, private and public cloud, distributed and mainframe environments.
CA Agile Central, formerly known as Rally Software, is creating a cutting edge, scalable SaaS product to help customers speed up value delivery, align development with their portfolio’s highest priorities, and make responsiveness the backbone of their business through agile methodologies.
If you are the right fit for joining our product tribe, you’ll work among talented engineers, designers, and product managers in a fast-paced, collaborative, technology environment where we have plenty of fun along the way. The role demands great people skills, intuition, facilitation, mentorship, product-judgement, a willingness to let others lead, and a mentality of delivering a continuous stream of value in increments to our customers.
As the Director of Product Management, you will shape the future direction of our products through initiatives. You and your team will lead the charge in translating the overall product vision and strategy into an initiative roadmap that the business is willing to fund and R&D is capable of delivering. Along the way you will grow a team of talented product management leaders.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Leading and directing the product management team to shape the future direction of our products
- Providing mentorship and career guidance to the product management team
- Helping develop the product vision and continuously communicating it to the development teams and customers
- Owning the initiative portfolio Kanban system from the creation of lightweight business cases to the acceptance of completed initiatives
- Communicating vision, strategy, and initiative roadmaps to executives, customers, and internal stakeholders
- Coordinate and synchronize initiative-related activities with functions in sales, marketing and other business units
- Collaborates with Architecture, Engineering, and UX leadership to lead funding, prioritization and roadmap decisions
- Prepare and present customer and conference talks to build customer rapport, and confidence in product direction
- Take an active role in seeking and supporting customer feedback as a regular part of product development activities
- Work with system architects to understand architectural work and establish capacity allocation for architecture
- Build an effective Product Manager Team
- Take a lead role in implementing the organizational, solution direction, and communication practices necessary to achieve business results
- Lead collaborative strategic conversations with our product and executive leadership teams
- Travels to meet with customers, analysts, internal stakeholders and prospects
Here Are the Kinds of Skills We’re Looking For:
- Experience with technology and hands-on software engineering experience. Easily coming to an understanding of technology and its underpinnings needs to be second nature.
- 3-5 years of experience as a product leader delivering highly successful internet products
- Stellar people abilities. You understand people and bring them together. You unify people behind goals
- A driver personality. Biased toward action, great collaborator and master simplifier – constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery
- Grittiness. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away
- True passion for Agile and changing the way people work
- A never ending desire to grow, learn, and lead
- Servant leader. You help your team by removing their barriers and share the stage to help them reach their career and business goals
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong.
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Back to top