Director, Partners and Channel
CA Technologies provides IT management solutions that help customers manage and secure complex IT environments to support agile business services. Organizations of all sizes leverage CA Technologies software and SaaS solutions to accelerate innovation, transform infrastructure and secure data and identities, from the data center to the cloud.
Director, Partners and Channel
Your future starts here!
The Director, Partners and Channel, will lead a team by driving sales and will have oversight to all aspects of the implementation and execution for partner route-to-market, readiness, and investment programs. Leveraging organizational skills, problem solving, and creative thinking, this person will resolve escalated issues, drive continuous process improvement, and team development in a dynamic environment. The Director will develop budgets, control costs, and coordinate staff activities. The position provides regular performance feedback, development and coaching to direct reports, as well as scorecard and quarterly business reviews with management.
The charter of the Partners and Channel team is to achieve exceptional partner experience and operational excellence, by supporting partner program strategies, structures, and policies through design, implementation, and transaction of efficient, streamlined, and scalable operational processes while providing a positive partner user experience.
CA Technologies is a Fortune 1000 company with a startup mentality – and we’re searching for incredible, bright talent to dominate in the marketplace. Sure, CA has been a leading software company for nearly four decades, with a global customer base that includes the majority of the Fortune 2000 – but what excites us today is the opportunity to redefine the future of our industry in the age of the cloud, mobile, social and big data. We have a daring vision and a powerful, expanding solution set that helps the world’s most successful companies realize their boldest objectives. For more information, visit www.CA.com/innovation.
About the Director, Partners and Channel:
In this role, you’ll help support CA Technologies charter to transform the IT industry by:
- Identify, create, and implement processes which improve the effectiveness of the operating practices
- Provide strategic input into partner programs with respect to alignment and operational feasibility
- Trusted advisor to partner route-to-market, investment, and readiness program teams on operational processes and infrastructure
- Manage department budget and oversight
- Deliver quarterly business reviews to management, including attainment against defined KPI’s
- Manage the staffing, development, performance, and outcomes of the team reporting to the position
- Provide direction, counsel, and set goals for career growth and development. Ensure team is appropriately staffed and supported
- Ability to motivate direct reports and others by providing an environment that promotes individual growth and reinforces company values and culture
How You’ll Stand Out:
The perfect candidate for this role will have a demonstrated record of success in positions of increasing responsibility over the course of their career. She/he will have an outstanding track record and reputation for successfully positioning complex software solution to Partner organizations. Above all, they will be driven and motivated to drive sales and contribute towards CA’s continued success. An ideal background will include:
- Experience managing onsite and remote teams
- Technology and channel company experience and/or background in sales operations or partner operations preferred
- Process and project management skills
- Strong business acumen and negotiation abilities
- Self-motivated, passionate, innovative, collaborative, creative and analytical
- Demonstrated ability to logically plan and set priorities, identify and resolve problems to produce measurable results
- Ability to drive results, coordinate and manage multiple simultaneous requests/demands of varying size and scope
- Leadership presence and the ability to influence others at all levels across functions is required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must communicate openly and effectively
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA strongly desirable
More About Working at CA:
CA has earned scores of global Workplace Excellence awards in the last few years – and there’s a reason for that. Here you’ll have the opportunity to explore flexible work arrangements, partner with our impressive customer set, and enjoy a competitive compensation package –all while pushing the boundaries of what’s “possible” by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short? CA’s fun, diverse, fast-paced culture have put us on the map as one of the best employers in IT. For more information, visit www.CA.com/careers.
A Great CA Employee:
- Takes smart risks
- Exhibits courage
- Is a “driver”
- Navigates ambiguity
- Embraces diversity
- Communicates openly
- Doesn’t take themselves too seriously
- Likes to laugh
- Loves a good challenge
- Is resilient when faced with setbacks
- Teams well with others
- Insists on quality results
- Is forward-thinking
- Adapts easily to change
- Solves problems creatively
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong.
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Back to top