Director, Partner Sales
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It's our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
Your future starts here!
The Director, Partner Sales will be responsible for delivering positive, quantifiable results for CA, Partners and its customers which will be measured across five primary areas:
- Customer Focus: Oversee optimization of the overall customer experience across the assigned territory
- Financial Targets: Ensure staff meets or exceeds CA's stated financial quotas and targets
- Internal Business Processes: Demonstrate mastery with CA's internal processes, systems and support structure
- Professional Development: Demonstrate high-level proficiency and skill
- Leadership, Teamwork and Planning: Collaborate with, mobilize, and effectively run virtual team(s)
Designing and executing partner strategies for multiple routes-to-market (RTM) across solutions driving new business, protecting the base, and building customer/partner loyalty within the Public Sector space. This candidate will manage an account team responsible for the understanding of the partner's business and the industry in which they compete, their corresponding IT initiatives and offerings, identifying where and how CA can help grow their business, develop compelling business value proposals and sales plays for our solutions, and engaging with both the field, partner and digital sales teams to execute; all which results in growth of revenue and PNCV. This position is further responsible for developing and maintaining trusted relationships with the C-suite, senior level decision makers, and other key stakeholders within the Partner account(s).
About the Role:
In this role, you'll help support CA Technologies charter to transform the IT industry by:
- Having a deep understanding of our products, partners, and the market in order to develop competitive sales plays to drive new business within the Public Sector space with and through partners.
- Strategic leader that builds mutually beneficial relationships between the Partner and Field Sales organization; provides thought leadership in approaches to leveraging Partners for growth.
- Identify, create, and implement processes which improve the effectiveness of the operating practices
- Provide strategic input into partner programs with respect to alignment and operational feasibility
- Trusted advisor to partner route-to-market, investment, and readiness program teams on operational processes and infrastructure
- Manage department budget and oversight
- Deliver quarterly business reviews to management, including attainment against defined KPI's
- Manage the staffing, development, performance, and outcomes of the team reporting to the position
- Provide direction, counsel, and set goals for career growth and development. Ensure team is appropriately staffed and supported
- Ability to motivate direct reports and others by providing an environment that promotes individual growth and reinforces company values and culturre
How You'll Stand Out:
The perfect candidate for this role will have a demonstrated record of success in positions of increasing responsibility over the course of their career. She/He will have an outstanding track record and reputation for successfully positioning complex software solution to Partner organizations resulting in growth of new sales. Above all, they will be driven and motivated to drive sales and contribute towards CA's continued success.
An ideal background will include:
- 5+ years' experience managing onsite and remote teams within the Public Sector space
- Technology and channel company experience and/or background in sales operations or partner operations requiredProcess and project management skills
- Strong business acumen and negotiation abilities
- Self-motivated, passionate, innovative, collaborative, creative and analytical
- Demonstrated ability to logically plan and set priorities, identify and resolve problems to produce measurable results
- Ability to drive results, coordinate and manage multiple simultaneous requests/demands of varying size and scope
- Leadership presence and the ability to influence others at all levels across functions is required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must communicate openly and effectively
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA strongly desirable
More About Working at CA:
CA has earned scores of global Workplace Excellence awards in the last few years – and there's a reason for that. Here you'll have the opportunity to explore flexible work arrangements, partner with our impressive customer set, and enjoy a competitive compensation package –all while pushing the boundaries of what's "possible" by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short? CA's fun, diverse, fast-paced culture have put us on the map as one of the best employers in IT. For more information, visit www.CA.com/careers.
A Great CA Employee:
- Takes smart risks
- Exhibits courage
- Is a "driver"
- Navigates ambiguity
- Embraces diversity
- Communicates openly
- Doesn't take themselves too seriously
- Likes to laugh
- Loves a good challenge
- Is resilient when faced with setbacks
- Teams well with others
- Insists on quality results
- Is forward-thinking
- Adapts easily to change
- Solves problems creatively
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong.
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you'll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate's race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top