CA Technologies creates software that fuels transformation for companies and enables them to seize the opportunities of the application economy. Software is at the heart of every business in every industry. From planning, to development, to management and security, CA is working with companies worldwide to change the way we live, transact, and communicate – across mobile, private and public cloud, distributed and mainframe environments.
This position is responsible for the overall direction of the general ledger accounting staff performing general ledger analyses in several functional areas including cash applications, lease accounting, fixed assets, mergers and acquisitions, monitoring of accruals and monthly income statement analysis.
- Manage a staff of accounting professionals in developing the necessary financial reports required for the company’s internal and external controls.
- Oversee all aspects of compiling, interpreting and processing financial data for reporting to management.
- Identify and execute process improvement opportunities to increase company profitability and work-flow efficiency.
- Implement and maintain an effective and controlled financial and management reporting system.
- Liaise with internal/external auditors and other financial reporting departments.
- Review fluctuations in monthly income statement and investigate areas of concern.
- Complete performance reviews to maintain a high level of morale and productivity, and identify requirements for individual training.
- Develop others by encouraging accountability and enforcing performance standards.
- Resolve complex problems that arise in day-to-day operations.
- Conduct periodic detailed review of work papers as prepared by accounting staff.
- Develop and adapt policies and processes for own group.
- Work with the team to assess SOX compliance, including developing and implementing remediation steps when needed.
- Assist with merger and acquisition projects.
- Recognize and communicate key information to senior management.
Typical Role Definition
Business/Operational Leadership. Manages a department of significant scope and financial and operational impact. Fully accountable for meeting the strategic, and operating objectives of the department. Develops proposed budgets for approval and manages budget once approved. Develops others by encouraging accountability and enforcing performance standards. Ensures that group understands the need for and importance of continuous learning, skill acquisition and consistent application. Makes, or reviews others’ selection, disciplinary, termination, and compensation decisions. Makes strategic and tactical business decisions that directly affect the department and affect the organization’s processes. May become involved in elevated issues arising from daily activities. Resolves complex problems that arise in everyday work. Develops and implements policies and procedures for the department to meet broad, but specific goals and objectives of the function; modifies goals in response to organizational changes. Analyzes and challenges current working methods to create improvements in processes and results. Works with senior management in initiating project related work that impacts functional operations. Planning time horizon is typically fairly short.
Job-Specific Authority and Scope
- Generally works without consulting their manager.
- Independent decisions are made daily.
- Typically has 2-5 direct reports.
- Typically has a total staff of 2-10.
- Typically has a geographic focus of Region (APJ/EMEA/LA/NA).
- Typically manages a total budget of up to $10 million USD.
Business Travel and Physical Demands
Business travel of approximately 10 or less percent yearly is expected for this position.
- Office environment. No special physical demands required.
Bachelor’s Degree or global equivalent in Accounting.
Typically 10 years of experience in accounting with at least 3 or more years of management experience.
Skills & Competencies
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Organizational and time management skills in managing multiple, diverse and conflicting priorities.
- Problem solving skills.
- Perform effectively under pressure.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, focusing on Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to read and interpret accounting pronouncements.
- Proficient knowledge of GAAP, SEC and related financial reporting regulations.
- Proven ability to develop and monitor staff.
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation preferred.
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employee. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top