Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It's our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
CA Technologies is seeking an experienced, self-motivated, and passionate DevOps Engineer to join our new platform team in Santa Clara,CA. Are you someone who loves to solve big problems and who doesn't settle for the status quo? If so, come and talk to us!
If it makes our systems faster, more secure, and scalable we want to hear about it. Because we are an Agile company you won't be working in a silo. We need you to have broad experience in system administration, network operations, some coding experience, build and release engineering, performance engineering and site operations. We don't expect anyone to know everything, we just need people who are quick studies that aren't afraid to jump in with both feet and learn by doing.
An entrepreneurial fast paced mentality is critical for success in this position: a passionate can-do attitude, exceptional communication skills, and the ability to collaborate while acting as a thought leader in your area of expertise will serve you well at CA Technologies. Does this sound like a challenge you're ready for?
- Partner with developers, architects and the business to optimize the integration and delivery of existing and new services
- Build and maintain configuration management
- Enable autonomy in development teams through the creation and delivery of valuable self-service and automation capabilities
- Work with developers and stakeholders to lead to operational readiness with SaaS Operations
- Pair with other engineers to promote skills enhancement and knowledge sharing
- Research and share the latest innovations in automation and virtualized infrastructure
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience
- Prior experience supporting large scale, highly available, service-oriented, distributed production systems.
- Very strong Linux experience in a highly-available production environment
- Experience building production hosting environments from bare metal up
- Familiarity with SaaS, PaaS and IaaS
- Strong understanding of best practices around release engineering
- Exposure to different types of data storage
- Strong written & oral communication skills are essential
- Experience using tools for Container Based Creation and Deployment
- Familiarity with common security and hardening practices and tools for SaaS Technology stacks
- Advanced scripting skills
You will be successful in this role if you:
- Believe in Agile principles and iterative development
- Can be autonomous and self-driven but work across teams to collaborate on common ideas and strategies
- Are comfortable working with automation and are willing to learn tools you aren't familiar with
- Enjoy exploring and experimenting with new ideas and sharing with others
- Can communicate ideas clearly and effectively
- Have a positive attitude when engaging with our customers (development teams, the business and occasionally external customers)
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong.
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you'll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate's race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top