CA Technologies provides IT management solutions that help customers manage and secure complex IT environments to support agile business services. Organizations of all sizes leverage CA Technologies software and SaaS solutions to accelerate innovation, transform infrastructure and secure data and identities, from the data center to the cloud.
Do You Love Data and Advanced Analytics? Then Come Innovate with Us!
Your day will involve examination, investigation, and assessment of data with the goal of deriving insights and operationalizing these insights into meaningful applications.
CA Technologies is a Fortune 1000 company with a startup mentality – and we’re searching for incredible, bright talent to dominate in the marketplace. Sure, CA has been a leading software company for nearly four decades, with a global customer base that includes the majority of the Fortune 2000 – but what excites us today is the opportunity to redefine the future of our industry in the age of the cloud, mobile, social and big data. We have a daring vision and a powerful, expanding solution set that helps the world’s most successful companies realize their boldest objectives. For more information, visit [GH1] www.CA.com/innovation
About the Role
You will solve large-scale complex problems while helping set product direction as a member of a team that focuses on the application of data mining/machine learning techniques on large datasets for various customer and internal projects.
Duties for this position will also include analyzing data of all forms and sizes; building analytical models to solve complex business problems across various domains, researching and evaluating new algorithms and technologies and presenting solutions and/or findings to internal and external teams.
- Execute on data-intensive analytical projects as a member of the team
- Set up data analysis environments to ensure reliable backups and integrity
- Keep analytical computing / predictive modeling / data analysis skills current
- Deliver on projects for timely conclusion
- Create reports and charts to communicate data analysis results to the customer
How You’ll Stand Out
- Strong scientific-computational skills with an ability to think about problems differently; investigating new techniques and technologies to solve a problem
- Extensive experience specifying and building advanced analytics
- Ability to think in statistical and probabilistic terms
- Extensive experience with statistical and machine learning offerings in one or more of the following (SAS, R, Mahout, Matlab, Python, Octave, etc.)
- Familiarity with UNIX and at least one major programming language such as C, C++, Java, or SAS
- Experience working with large data sets within distributed computing environments (Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, etc.)
- Excellent programming skills with knowledge of multiple operating systems, scripting languages, and the ability to deal with very large volumes of data
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner with excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to think analytically, write and edit technical material, and relate statistical concepts and applications to various audiences
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- PhD or Master’s level degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering or Physical Sciences
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong.
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Back to top