Customer Portfolio Representative
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It's our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
Customer Portfolio Representative
Business Unit: Agile Central
Location(s): Boulder Colorado, Denver Colorado or Plano, TX
"Enable and protect the open enterprise" is the mantra of today's application economy and identity is the new security perimeter "…….Your future starts here!
CA Technologies is a Fortune 1000 company with a startup mentality – and we're searching for incredible, bright talent to dominate in the marketplace. Sure, CA has been a leading software company for nearly four decades, with a global customer base that includes the majority of the Fortune 2000 - but what excites us today is the opportunity to redefine the future of our industry in the age of the cloud, mobile, social and big data. We have a daring vision and a powerful, expanding solution set that helps the world's most successful companies realize their boldest objectives. For more information, visit www.CA.com/innovation.
About the Role:
We are seeking an organized, energetic, and tech savvy Customer Portfolio Representative to join our team.
This position is responsible to work primarily through phone and email communication to renew expired Enterprise License Agreements and other renewals requiring client quotes, while ensuring a satisfied customer base and building a sustainable book of business for future success in the defined territory. Transaction volume is typically medium volume at approximately 150 to 250 deals per year. Territory is aligned to a specific subset of a Direct Sales territory; and work with the Customer Portfolio Managers, Territory Account Managers, Account Managers/Directors and Solution Strategists to meet the objectives and goals of the supported area. Sales cycle requires quoting and customization starting 45-90 days in advance.
In addition to the above the individual will be responsible for:
- Meet or exceed revenue quota goals on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis.
- Develop a unique follow-up methodology to ensure consistent and ongoing coverage of account or territory assignments based on an understanding of the sales opportunities.
- Understand and work in all aspects of the sales cycle, including outbound calling, qualifying, proposal creation and presentation, negotiations and the closing process.
- Review Customer's expiring license agreements to determine what renewal options are available to the customer, including but not limited to pricing, term and license type
- Present proposals to the Customer, and sell the value of maintenance and support services.
- Prepare and negotiate the price and terms and conditions of an acceptable contract renewal.
- Cultivate capacity, new product, services and/or education leads with existing customers during renewal sales cycle by initially qualifying and directing these leads to the appropriate Account Manager/Director for follow up.
- Ensure approvals (within the acceptable business parameters) are received and documented in accordance with internal procedures.
- Maintain and expand skills in sales techniques as well as CA solutions, the industry, market and competitive knowledge and CA processes.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the assigned territory, including customers, prospects, partners, influencers, etc.
- Maintain the highest level of customer satisfaction within the accounts in the assigned territory.
- Develop and maintain selling tools including but not limited to Salesforce, CPQ and CML
- Maintain a positive, professional 'total customer service' attitude.
- Demonstrate the ability to create and manage conversations at all business and technical levels of a client's organization.
- Provide and interface with the Sales organization to evaluate leads and make recommendations as to the proper focus for the specific customer base and territory.
- Ensure that the renewal of expired enterprise license agreements are properly booked and invoiced accurately and in accordance with the standard processes.
- Act as a resource for Sales and Finance questions pertaining to the renewal of expiring enterprises licenses.
How You'll Stand Out:
The perfect candidate for this role will have a demonstrated record of success in positions of increasing responsibility over the course of their career. She/he will have an outstanding track record and reputation for being result oriented, attention to detail and passion for technology. They will be focused, motivated and customer centric. An ideal background will include:
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- 3-5 years customer success or account management with some technical experience or aptitude
- Excellent presentation, demonstration and facilitation skills for leading meetings, demonstrations, and trainings
- Consultative in nature, proactive in thought. Always listening and thinking of ways to make your customers more successful.
- Self motivated, organized, with the ability to effectively prioritize multiple accounts.
- Blend of business acumen and customer focus to enable quality business outcomes for both the customer and CA
- Effective communication, listening, verbal and written skills. Ability to communicate to different levels within an organization
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills to work with sales, services, engineering and support in a dynamic and innovative company environment
- Thrive in a collaborative agile environment
- Certified Scrum Master or Certified Product Owner preferred
More About Working at CA:
CA has earned scores of global Workplace Excellence awards in the last few years – and there's a reason for that. Here you'll have the opportunity to explore flexible work arrangements, partner with our impressive customer set, and enjoy a competitive compensation package –all while pushing the boundaries of what's "possible" by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short? CA's fun, diverse, fast-paced culture have put us on the map as one of the best employers in IT. For more information, visit www.CA.com/careers.
A Great CA Employee:
- Takes smart risks
- Exhibits courage
- Is a "driver"
- Navigates ambiguity
- Embraces diversity
- Communicates openly
- Doesn't take themselves too seriously
- Likes to laugh
- Loves a good challenge
- Is resilient when faced with setbacks
- Teams well with others
- Insists on quality results
- Is forward-thinking
- Adapts easily to change
- Solves problems creatively
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong.
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you'll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate's race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Nearest Major Market: Boulder
Nearest Secondary Market: Denver
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top