Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It's our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
Ready to do the best work of your life?
We are currently looking for an experienced attorney (5 years minimum) with experience at a major law firm or in-house in a corporate law department to join our Legal team based either in our offices in midtown Manhattan or in Islandia, NY. The qualified candidate should have experience in securities laws and corporate governance.
CA Technologies is a Fortune 1000 company with a startup mentality – and we're searching for incredible, bright talent to dominate in the marketplace. Sure, CA has been a leading software company for nearly four decades, with a global customer base that includes the majority of the Fortune 2000 - but what excites us today is the opportunity to redefine the future of our industry in the age of the cloud, mobile, social and big data. We have a daring vision and a powerful, expanding solution set that helps the world's most successful companies realize their boldest objectives. For more information, visit hthttp://www.ca.com/us/why-ca/innovation.html?intcmp=headernav
About the Role:
In this role, you'll help support CA Technologies charter to transform the IT industry by:
- Preparing and reviewing securities law compliance disclosure documents, including quarterly reports on Form 10-Q, annual reports on Form 10-K, current reports on Form 8-K, investor materials such as press releases, investor presentations and earnings scripts, Section 16 filings (Forms 3, 4 and 5), registration statements, and other disclosure materials;
- Managing compliance with various SEC rules and regulations regarding corporate governance and/or financial reporting, including Dodd-Frank, Reg FD and Reg G;
- Managing compliance with Nasdaq market listing requirements;
- Managing all aspects of the preparation of the Company's proxy statement, including effectively working with executive compensation personnel on the compensation disclosure portions of the proxy statement;
- Preparing and reviewing corporate law policies, including a policy against insider trading, related party transaction policy and Reg FD policy;
- Overseeing all aspects of the Annual Meeting of Stockholders;
- Assisting with corporate secretarial matters, including the preparation of materials for Board of Director and Board Committee meetings; and
- Providing legal support for certain of CA's corporate business teams, including Finance/Accounting, Treasury and Investor Relations.
Additional responsibilities could include the following:
- Assisting with subsidiary corporate governance;
- Assisting with capital markets transactions including debt transactions as well as other forms of financing such as credit facilities when needed; and
- Assisting with merger and divestiture transactions and diligence as needed.
- The position also requires the ability to communicate clearly and effectively about these areas of law both orally and through written communications with all levels of management.
How You'll Stand Out:
The perfect candidate for this role will have a demonstrated record of success in positions of increasing responsibility over the course of their career. She/he will have an outstanding track-record and reputation for being resourceful, detail oriented and focused. An ideal background will include:
- J.D. degree and bar membership in good standing in at least one state;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and efficiently without the need for extensive supervision;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with others at all levels of the organization;
- Excellent organizational skills coupled with excellent writing, public speaking and presentation skills; and
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of the software industry a plus.
More About Working at CA:
CA has earned scores of global Workplace Excellence awards in the last few years – and there's a reason for that. Here you'll have the opportunity to explore flexible work arrangements, partner with our impressive customer set, and enjoy a competitive compensation package –all while pushing the boundaries of what's "possible" by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short? CA's fun, diverse, fast-paced culture have put us on the map as one of the best employers in IT. For more information, visit www.CA.com/careers.
A Great CA Employee:
- Takes smart risks
- Exhibits courage
- Is a "driver"
- Navigates ambiguity
- Embraces diversity
- Communicates openly
- Doesn't take themselves too seriously
- Likes to laugh
- Loves a good challenge
- Is resilient when faced with setbacks
- Teams well with others
- Insists on quality results
- Is forward-thinking
- Adapts easily to change
- Solves problems creatively
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you'll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Our Islandia, NY campus offers several amenities, including:
- Gourmet cafeteria with wide selection of cuisine
- Montessori Child Development Center for children up to the age of six
- Banking services
- Fitness Center (state of the art facility complete with indoor full court basketball, indoor racquetball courts, cardio studio, outside running track, soccer fields, tennis courts)
- Concierge services (dry cleaning, package shipping, stamps and movie rentals)
- On-site chiropractor
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you'll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
To learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity, we welcome you to visit our web site at www.ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate's race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top