Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It's our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
Cabot Community Manager and Content Curator
Cabot is an early stage startup (Within CA's Accelerator) focused on improving the lives of the devOps heroes who keep production web/mobile applications running in this increasingly online digital world. One aspect of helping them will be to improve how these heroes know when things go south. The Cabot community will focus on best practices and learnings around these issues.
Cabot is seeking a highly motivated individual to establish, build, and lead the Cabot Community. The Community Manager will be responsible for growing the community and curating content from industry veterans. This individual will be responsible for a professional and responsive Cabot presence on public forums, including Stack Overflow, Reddit, Quora, social media, etc. The Community Manager will be responsible for the overall online and offline Cabot Community strategy, including forum improvement strategy, social media, meetups, conference contributions, etc. Ultimately, you should be able to act as the face and voice of our brand and manage all community communications on and offline.
This role reports directly to the founders and provides for exciting growth opportunities.
Typical Day in this Role:
- Coordinate all aspects of Cabot member events from Founders' dinners to live online video chats to local cocktail parties
- Review and triage new production monitoring related Cabot and public forum posts: answer where possible, re-tag, comment, request more information, redirect.
- Spend time developing and driving strategic initiatives, particularly in Community improvement and content reuse.
- Syndicate original Cabot content on a variety of channels/platforms for maximum exposure.
- Create event timeline, run of show, meeting agenda, and post-event follow up strategy
- Create and manage event communication and marketing strategies
- Develop and execute content marketing strategy
- Contact, coordinate, and manage industry veterans to produce content suitable for Cabot's community
- Create and sustain user engagement
- Present and report on key online and offline community metrics
- Expertise in digital community building and user engagement with at least 3-4 years experience creating, growing, and managing online communities
- Highly organized with ability to create programming schedules and keep to content deadlines
- Knowledge of web/mobile application industry
- Understanding of key community metrics with demonstrated success in growing the community
- Experience with user engagement analytics tools like Google Analytics, MixPanel, Intercom, etc.
- Offline event management experience
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- BSc degree in Marketing or relevant field
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong.
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you'll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate's race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Nearest Major Market: San Jose
Nearest Secondary Market: Palo Alto
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top