Business Unit Operations Advisor
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
As a Business Unit Operations Advisor, you will be responsible for supporting a General Manager in the execution of planning and management activities necessary to operate the business unit per company procedures and practices. This position will partner directly with the General Manager and their staff of Vice Presidents and Product Managers to implement a cadence of weekly, monthly and quarterly processes coordinated by a Central Operations group. Success in the role will be measured by the performance of the business unit and the quality and effectiveness of the operational services provided.
CA Technologies is a Fortune 1000 company with a startup mentality – and we’re searching for incredible, bright talent to dominate in the marketplace. Sure, CA has been a leading software company for nearly four decades, with a global customer base that includes the majority of the Fortune 2000 – but what excites us today is the opportunity to redefine the future of our industry in the age of the cloud, mobile, social and big data. We have a daring vision and a powerful, expanding solution set that helps the world’s most successful companies realize their boldest objectives. For more information, visit www.CA.com/innovation.
- Committed to providing GM and staff all reports and support necessary to efficiently execute operational business plans
- Act as trusted advisor to GM and staff to navigate and execute all necessary monitoring, control and planning processes.
- Continuously improve operational best practices to enable GM and staff to exceed/meet their commitments.
- Take on special projects at discretion of GM or Central Operations team to improve operational practices.
- Typically 10 or more years of experience in project management or finance/accounting roles, preferably in the Information Technology sector.
- Strong leadership, planning, execution, presentation, communication (verbal, written and interpersonal) and multi-tasking skills.
- Proactive and entrepreneurial style and strong ability to work without direction with breakthrough thinking, influencing and execution capabilities.
- Track-record of improving current business processes and/or establishing new processes in order to more efficiently meet strategic business objectives.
- Hands-on experience in a broad range of functional areas such as finance, accounting, IT, development, support, sales or service organizations desired.
- Typically may have a Bachelor’s Degree or global equivalent in Finance, Marketing or a business related field. MBA or global equivalent preferred.
- Business travel of approximately 25 percent yearly is expected for this position.
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong.
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top