CA Technologies provides IT management solutions that help customers manage and secure complex IT environments to support agile business services. Organizations of all sizes leverage CA Technologies software and SaaS solutions to accelerate innovation, transform infrastructure and secure data and identities, from the data center to the cloud.
The CA Customer Briefing Program is on the front lines of the customer experience, delivering world-class customer briefings that enhance our relationships, accelerate our business growth and advance the CA Brand. Customer and Partner briefings are hosted in the NYC Executive Briefing Center (EBC), other CA locations (eg Santa Clara and Fort Collins), and onsite at the customer location.
The role of a Briefing Consultant is to design, develop and execute customized executive briefings on CA strategy, innovation, and solutions.
This individual partners closely with global account teams to develop the overall briefing strategy and create strategic, customized briefings focused on client business outcomes. He/She will own the end-to-end visitor experience for approximately 8-10 briefings per month.
- Proactively align with Sales goals and account plans to identify target customers for Executive Briefings.
- Work with key stakeholders to understand the customer’s desired business outcomes that influence agenda development. Align messaging and positioning of CA solutions to solve customer- specific challenges.
- Develop and manage relationships with CA executives and subject matter experts. Identify appropriate speakers based on knowledge and seniority.
- Ensure briefing content is at the right level and aligns with customer needs
- Orchestrate meeting preparations. Ensure that background briefing documents are available to all CA speakers and facilitate prep calls.
- Guide EBC support staff to deliver seamless end-to-end meeting logistics.
- Document the Voice of the Customer.
- Conduct post-briefing analysis including customer evaluations, observed customer experience, and feedback from the account team regarding relationship/opportunity impact.
- Accountable and responsible to adhere to all briefing processes for consistent operations
- Provide direction and guidance on process improvements and establishing policies in the EBC.
Typical Role Definition
Sr Professional Staff. Possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge of a particular field of specialization to complete complex assignments. Works on complex and diverse issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Moderate level of technical acumen to understand customers’ business/IT challenges and translate to requirements for a customized briefing. Briefing assignments are broad in nature and need ingenuity and originality to solve. Strong ability to influence and drive consensus; can skillfully lead a team with diverse personalities from sales, product groups, and customer teams. Has strong communication skills, and can deal comfortably with senior executives.
Job-Specific Authority and Scope
- Generally works without consulting their manager.
- Independent decisions are made daily.
- Examples of typical decisions without manager consultation:
- Understand customer requirements and build customized agenda
- Identifying and scheduling CA executives and subject-matter-experts to meet with customers
- Organizational dexterity: Maneuver through complex organization situations effectively, knowing how to get things done through both formal channels and the informal network
- Typically has no direct reports.
- Typically leverages EBC support staff
- Typically has a geographic focus of Region (APJ/EMEA/LA/NA).
Business Travel and Physical Demands
Business travel of approximately 10 or less percent yearly is expected for this position.
- Office environment. No special physical demands required.
- Job demands may require long periods of sitting.
Bachelor’s degree or global equivalent.
Typically, 10 or more years of sales, marketing, or business unit experience in a high technology environment.
Skills & Competencies
- Knowledge of CA solution areas and how they align with the demands of IT and the business
- Understanding of the sales and marketing process, and supporting technology
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong project management skills
- Strong virtual team leader. Commands respect via intelligence, experience, knowledge
- Competent with Excel, Word, PowerPoint
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong.
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Back to top