Associate User Experience Designer
CA Technologies provides IT management solutions that help customers manage and secure complex IT environments to support agile business services. Organizations of all sizes leverage CA Technologies software and SaaS solutions to accelerate innovation, transform infrastructure and secure data and identities, from the data center to the cloud.
Who We Are
CA Technologies is a company with innovation on the mind – and we’re searching for incredible talent to dominate our next big initiative: bringing UX to the enterprise. CA has a daring vision and a powerful, expanding solution set that helps the world’s most successful companies realize their boldest objectives. Sure, we’ve been a leading software company for nearly four decades, with a global customer base that includes the majority of the Fortune 2000 – but what excites us today is the opportunity to redefine the future of our industry in the age of the cloud, mobile, social and big data.
In the multi-billion dollar game of enterprise software, the winning move lies in user experience. CA Technologies is looking for players who can bring their passion and broad design experience to our Agile Management products. Come prepared to use your real time interaction design experience and charisma to push the boundaries of design on an epic scale. You’ll have a chance to influence the overall design practices across multiple disciplines and have an impact on a corporate level.
The perks are epic too – CA supports volunteerism support, matching gifts and a competitive compensation package – plus the opportunity to make a difference in software experience across the globe.
Who You Are
If you’re an interaction design or UX professional ready for a real challenge to sink your teeth into, then CA Technologies could be for you. As a UX Designer, you’ll need the courage to fail fearlessly, be a tireless and diplomatic advocate for our users, and obsess over ways to create the game-changing software of the future. We are looking for the best and brightest, so competition for places is stiff. In return, we ask for a determination to make the most out of every opportunity. It’s the ideal environment to challenge you to “think big” giving you the support you need to drive your future career.
What You’ll Do:
- Deeply understand user needs and translate these into product designs
- Push the boundaries in interaction design, offering new ideas and solutions for products and patterns
- Consistently apply user research methods to validate design ideas and direction
- Ability to switch gears and work on multiple projects at once.
- Take design risks that balance usability and innovation.
- Create and define personas, scenarios, journey maps, task flows, wireframes, screen layouts, and interaction models, while rapidly evolving concepts into buildable designs
- Develop strong relationships with the product and development teams in our business units
- Present and justify your design concepts to team members and iterate
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- 2+ years of experience in design
- A great portfolio highlighting a solid understanding of information architecture & interaction design
- Insatiable curiosity and an obsession with enterprise software design
- Experience working with Adobe CS, Sketch, Axure, Balsamiq, or similar tools
- Understanding of how your designs will perform when implemented and how design decisions affect implementation time
- Excellent communication skills including experience speaking to technical and business-oriented audiences
- BA/BS Degree or global equivalent in Human-Computer Interaction, Information Design, or related HCI discipline is preferred
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Back to top